Blue Iris PC upgrade

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow what a difference. I ended up putting the new 4K Color on the continuous + triggered setting and everything really calmed down. I just made triggers touchy for now to evaluate if I am missing anything. Tweaked some settings per everyones suggestions and definitely noticeable with those settings. Now I'm down to 3% cpu with 3 cams turned up to higher settings that cover fast moving areas. I really appreciate the community on here.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Depends on your switch and whether you're planning to split it out to try to use a cam and light on the same port. I run some of the Tendelux DI10 illuminators that are a step down as far as wattage from what you linked to from TP-Link splitters and it works fine from my POE+ switch. I could not run both cam with IR on and the illuminators using a plain old POE af switch. Too much draw. The first light that you linked to looks to be 8 watt so probably about the same. Light alone would be OK either way. Assuming the barrel connection is the same which it probably is.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah I need data and power. I thought it looked like too much.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Depends on your switch and whether you're planning to split it out to try to use a cam and light on the same port. I run some of the Tendelux DI10 illuminators that are a step down as far as wattage from what you linked to from TP-Link splitters and it works fine from my POE+ switch. I could not run both cam with IR on and the illuminators using a plain old POE af switch. Too much draw. The first light that you linked to looks to be 8 watt so probably about the same. Light alone would be OK either way. Assuming the barrel connection is the same which it probably is.
It was recommended that I fish an extra line or two. Lesson learned. Listen to the folks that know what they are doing. It will be the cleanest way to do it. May order some extra cable next month and run two new lines to that corner and have the power I need. I have an extra injector here that should be plenty.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just remember if you plan on using the external IR for the 4K cameras, it won't see it LOL.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's not for that cam. Two cams in the front yard. Pitch black out there. I found another roll of cat6. Rerunning two and have poe for the IR light.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, even where I ran an extra to some locations I've ended up wishing that I'd run another. But then I never really planned to have 20+ cams and extra illuminators running either. lol

At least put some conduit and pull string in tough spots so it's easier next time through.