Blue Iris picture frame / UI3 camera viewing station

Reaction score
Just a newbie question. After I go to Python 3.5.3 Shell - I opened/ran autofan.py - how do I see it working and CPU temps after?

Thanks
There are some debug lines in the bottom part of the script. Remove the three leading '#' comment characters from the lines and it will output to the console/screen.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and info.

I am not sure what LXDE configuration file you are referring to. I feel I missed this. I only have and seen the zip file from @Dasstrum
Open my ZIP file attached a few posts above. There is a README file included, with all file locations/placement and what they do.
Sorry, I'm not in the other thread, where I posted the ZIP file. I'll re-attach it, here.

Attachments

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Open my ZIP file attached a few posts above. There is a README file included, with all file locations/placement and what they do.
Sorry, I'm not in the other thread, where I posted the ZIP file. I'll re-attach it, here.
Thanks. I am not looking to load the entire picture frame scripts. I like some of the features it has:
-autofan script is great to eliminate having it on 24/7
-I was going to try to see if it would be possible to add some of the code like turn on Pi with auto-start iu3 and alt-f4 turn off Pi but to be triggered when monitor is turned on & off.

There are some debug lines in the bottom part of the script. Remove the three leading '#' comment characters from the lines and it will output to the console/screen.
Thanks - do you mean this:
sleep(5) # Read the temperature every 5 sec, increase or decrease this limit if you want
except KeyboardInterrupt: # trap a CTRL+C keyboard interrupt
GPIO.cleanup() # resets all GPIO ports used by this program

Should look like this:
sleep(5)
except KeyboardInterrupt:
GPIO.cleanup()

I also notice in code it says pin = 21 which is GPIO9 on GPIO. I have my fan on 1 and 6 though. Would you have to write pin = 1 ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks. I am not looking to load the entire picture frame scripts. I like some of the features it has:
-autofan script is great to eliminate having it on 24/7
-I was going to try to see if it would be possible to add some of the code like turn on Pi with auto-start iu3 and alt-f4 turn off Pi but to be triggered when monitor is turned on & off.

Thanks - do you mean this:
sleep(5) # Read the temperature every 5 sec, increase or decrease this limit if you want
except KeyboardInterrupt: # trap a CTRL+C keyboard interrupt
GPIO.cleanup() # resets all GPIO ports used by this program

Should look like this:
sleep(5)
except KeyboardInterrupt:
GPIO.cleanup()

I also notice in code it says pin = 21 which is GPIO9 on GPIO. I have my fan on 1 and 6 though. Would you have to write pin = 1 ?
No, farther down:

def getTEMP():
CPU_temp = float(getCPUtemperature())
### print 'Temperature=' + repr(CPU_temp)
if CPU_temp > maxTMP:
### print 'Temp > ' + repr(maxTMP) + ' Fans ON'
fanON()
if CPU_temp < minTMP:
### print 'Temp < ' + repr(minTMP) + ' Fans OFF'
fanOFF()
return()

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just ordered all the parts to build this bad boy! Thanks for the awesome write-up and videos! I will be sure to post a photo when mine is complete!
Heck ya! Let us know how it turns out

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Revive!!

I've got my own photo frame running on a pi tied into google photos. Does shotwell support displaying images from Google Photos? Sorry if I missed why you stopped using google photos.. WAF for me depends on her being able to "add to album" on the go and it just showing up on our frame..

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Revive!!

I've got my own photo frame running on a pi tied into google photos. Does shotwell support displaying images from Google Photos? Sorry if I missed why you stopped using google photos.. WAF for me depends on her being able to "add to album" on the go and it just showing up on our frame..
To be honest I don't remember if I got google photo working with shotwell or not. I just add/remove pictures from the frame when i'm connected to my network. If you do get it working with google photos or drive let me know :)

blazin912

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To be honest I don't remember if I got google photo working with shotwell or not. I just add/remove pictures from the frame when i'm connected to my network. If you do get it working with google photos or drive let me know :)
Will do.. I've got this running now:

It'd be killer to have my frame cycle through photos, UI3, maybe local weather ;) Now you've got me intrigued!!