Blue Iris presets not working - Presets work of Camera's Web UI

Gimplet

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a PTZ Anran IP camera. I am able to save preset locations for the camera and move to each preset from within the cameras Web interface. When i click the preset buttons within Blue Iris I am unable to get Blue Iris to move to any of the preset locations set within the camera. What I am doing is pulling up the desired preset via the drop down list in Blue Iris and clicking the goto button.
I have left the default PTZ info alone within Blue Iris settings for the camera but am unsure if I need to change anything. I am unable to find Anran listed as a camera within PTZ Control tab of the camera within Blue Iris. Under the Network IP drop down list the type of camera default set for it is currently Foscam FI86xx/98xx complatible. I can not find an Anran camera.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a PTZ Anran IP camera. I am able to save preset locations for the camera and move to each preset from within the cameras Web interface. When i click the preset buttons within Blue Iris I am unable to get Blue Iris to move to any of the preset locations set within the camera. What I am doing is pulling up the desired preset via the drop down list in Blue Iris and clicking the goto button.
I have left the default PTZ info alone within Blue Iris settings for the camera but am unsure if I need to change anything. I am unable to find Anran listed as a camera within PTZ Control tab of the camera within Blue Iris. Under the Network IP drop down list the type of camera default set for it is currently Foscam FI86xx/98xx complatible. I can not find an Anran camera.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You
if you cannot use ptz controls in BI then presets wont work....try using onvif/oxml profile...

Gimplet

n3wb
Reaction score
if you cannot use ptz controls in BI then presets wont work....try using onvif/oxml profile...
I am able to use PTZ controls in BI. Just the presets do not work in BI. The presets have been configured in the camera via its web interface and they work there.

Gimplet

n3wb
Reaction score
I switched to onvif/oxml profile and PTZ controls do not work at all. With camera set as Foscam FI86xx/98xx complatible PTZ controls work but presets do not. (presets are configured and work in the cameras web interface non BI)

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure which Anran cam you have. They just relabel others and what they brand changes all the time so no telling. The PTZ cam that I have (not even sure what model it is) works fine with presets. Settings are:

Video
Make: ANRAN
Model: 408GW,AP2WA,AR-24W,AR-PTD22port 34567
Media/video/RTSP port 34567
Discovery/ONVIF port 8899
Path:
Params: Main
Camera: 0

PTZ/Control
Network IP: IPC,CantonK
Use another ip/port (checked): 34567

It's actually not an awful cam. Uses the Sony Exmor sensor. The good kind of ends there though. The interface and a lot of the controls over parameters and functions are kind of iffy.

Might try setting the presets in BI.