Blue Iris PTZ Acti B96

LuisD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey team

I just installed my frist PTZ via Blue Iris at my house, but man im having a hard time configuring this guys..

First when vehicles go thru they get this funky blue/green pixels

Also i was wondering when i have the camera rotate thru its pre-sets Blue Iris records the motion of the camera re-locating to its sets, ive attempted to increase its sensitivity but no luck..

Any Blue Iris guru help me on this? :)

I have the most updated version of BI and when i console directly to the camera i do not see the effect its only in BI

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@LuisD, welcome to the forum!
1) camera motion tab, instead of highlight and rectangles, select do not highlight on motion. Also unrelated but important, disable object detect reject.
2) in the ptz tab select suspend motion detection.
From the help file
The Suspend motion detection option is enabled by default. This prevents the motion detector from triggering the camera as you use the PTZ controls. In certain cases you may wish to override this and allow the motion detector to potentially trigger the camera if PTZ movements are interpreted as actual object movement.

Last edited by a moderator:

LuisD

n3wb
Reaction score
@LuisD, welcome to the forum!
1) camera motion tab, instead of highlight and rectangles, select do not highlight on motion. Also unrelated but important, disable object detect reject.
2) in the ptz tab select suspend motion detection.
From the help file
The Suspend motion detection option is enabled by default. This prevents the motion detector from triggering the camera as you use the PTZ controls. In certain cases you may wish to override this and allow the motion detector to potentially trigger the camera if PTZ movements are interpreted as actual object movement.
Well i made those changes now in BI the video which is in Scan Control is realllly laggy and slow in the program, when i log directly in the camera is very smooth and stable but not in BI... Weird =\

My networks is all 1Gig interfaces btw

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well i made those changes now in BI the video which is in Scan Control is realllly laggy and slow in the program, when i log directly in the camera is very smooth and stable but not in BI... Weird =\

My networks is all 1Gig interfaces btw
what do you mean by scan control and laggy? what is the cpu consumption?

LuisD

n3wb
Reaction score
Disregard it was my mini pc even tho processor and memory were under 50% i guess the program w cameras was to much for it and once i moved it to my main pc again it works like a charm, what a bummer!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Disregard it was my mini pc even tho processor and memory were under 50% i guess the program w cameras was to much for it and once i moved it to my main pc again it works like a charm, what a bummer!
To lower cpu consumption you need to select direct to disc recording, record tab>file format

LuisD

n3wb
Reaction score
To lower cpu consumption you need to select direct to disc recording, record tab>file format
What record settings would you recommend? I also got a NAS would it be faster if its recorded out of the PC?

Sounds like youve done this a few times before lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What record settings would you recommend? I also got a NAS would it be faster if its recorded out of the PC?

Sounds like youve done this a few times before lol
Post images of your motion and record tabs...
I like to record to pc...you can actually record to both by cloning the camera in blue iris.

LuisD

n3wb
Reaction score
Got ya but what about the File Format and Compression any suggestions to decrease CPU Usage?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Got ya but what about the File Format and Compression any suggestions to decrease CPU Usage?
yes, record direct to disc and use the BVR container..direct to disk will dramatically reduce cpu.