Blue Iris PTZ Range of Motion

broper30

n3wb
Reaction score
Would anyone know why one of my Axis cameras would pan all the way to the left/right when I click the BI control panel arrows? If I click the left arrow the camera will pan all the way left until it cannot go any further. This makes the PTZ unusable as you cannot get the camera located in the desired position. My expectation is that you click the arrow and it moves just a little, keep clicking until it's located where you desire.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Would anyone know why one of my Axis cameras would pan all the way to the left/right when I click the BI control panel arrows? If I click the left arrow the camera will pan all the way left until it cannot go any further. This makes the PTZ unusable as you cannot get the camera located in the desired position. My expectation is that you click the arrow and it moves just a little, keep clicking until it's located where you desire.
Welcome to the forum. What model axis camera? What version of blue iris are you running? Have you tried both axis options from the ptz drop down menu?

JH2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like you have selected an incorrect camera/PTZ flavor. I had the same issue with a foscam and tried a different foscam selection - that fixed it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, it sounds like the camera is not understanding the "stop moving" command when Blue Iris sends it. Or maybe Blue Iris is not sending a stop command at all. Either way, you probably have the wrong camera type selected under the PTZ options.

broper30

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is an Axis Q7401. Matter of fact, all four cameras are the same model. It seems to be a problem with just this one camera. I selected the same camera type for all four cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera is an Axis Q7401. Matter of fact, all four cameras are the same model. It seems to be a problem with just this one camera. I selected the same camera type for all four cameras.
Try deleting the camera in blue iris and add it back.

broper30

n3wb
Reaction score
No luck with removing and adding it back. Strange, since the others work fine. I had the same problem with another at first, but like you guys mentioned...I made a correction to the camera type and all was good. Just not sure what I'm missing with this one.