Blue Iris Pullpoint Subscription From DVR

ht55645

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris Community,

I want to switch my system over from POE cams to a DVR with analog cameras with PIR sensors. I want only the alerts from the PIR cameras to trigger blue iris therefore I would use pullpoint subscription which Ive used in the past with success.

My question is since my DVR will be one IP with multiple channels, will Blue Iris be able to tell the difference between the events from camera 1 and camera 2 if they are both using the same IP just different channels?

I figure it will be smart enough to do this but before I make a purchase I’d like the reassurance from the community and maybe even @fenderman .

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Edit:
It would be Cam>VidCable>DVR>CAT6>BlueIrisServer

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris Community,

I want to switch my system over from POE cams to a DVR with analog cameras with PIR sensors. I want only the alerts from the PIR cameras to trigger blue iris therefore I would use pullpoint subscription which Ive used in the past with success.

My question is since my DVR will be one IP with multiple channels, will Blue Iris be able to tell the difference between the events from camera 1 and camera 2 if they are both using the same IP just different channels?

I figure it will be smart enough to do this but before I make a purchase I’d like the reassurance from the community and maybe even @fenderman .

Thanks in advance for any info on this.
most likely not...that info wont be passed via the DVR. Very silly to move backwards to an analog camera. If you think there are no false alerts or missed alerts from those cheap built in pir sensors you will be surprised. You can integrate PIR sensors into blue irisw with sealevel or zwave or learn how to use zone crossing or AI like sentry or [tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

ht55645

n3wb
Reaction score
most likely not...that info wont be passed via the DVR. Very silly to move backwards to an analog camera. If you think there are no false alerts or missed alerts from those cheap built in pir sensors you will be surprised. You can integrate PIR sensors into blue irisw with sealevel or zwave or learn how to use zone crossing or AI like sentry or [tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris
Thanks @fenderman I didn’t know about that tool, my goal was to have high-resolution cameras with reliable person/animal detection. Maybe I will just get some better POE cameras instead of the analog system if that tool works well.