Blue Iris questions

winter016

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
First I gotta say what a great forum, been able to pick up a lot on here in just the short time but do have a lot to learn. I've been using the demo version of BI and it is great I am happy with the picture and the overall layout of the software after having to tweak my camera data settings. Although there are two settings that after reading the help file I still can not seem to get correct.
The first is I want to change all of BI recordings/data storage over off my SSD to a standard hard drive. I've been able to get my recordings to my target HD with the exception of the temp folder, it is still on the c drive. I've uninstalled BI and installed it on the target drive and yet still in a temp folder on the SSD. Should I manually delete everything to make sure everything BI related is removed from all drives then try again? I've tried changing it in BI but get the following message.
The second is the motion settings, I've created two profiles one always and one outside work. The camera covers the driveway and there is a part I use to access my yard. Instead of having a bunch of alerts/recordings of me triggering it to do yard work I wanted to set a timed schedule of when to ignore that part of the image and not record if anything in that certain area of the driveway had motion.But when it is outside of that time spec to activate if that area registers motion.
I've created the profiles and set a schedule for that profile while leaving the other profile alone but when I do this I do not get any triggers in either zone of the motion. Ive even created trip line rule but still does not seem to be working. I even printed out the help topic on this and went line by line for this. Any help will be appreciated!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean by temp folder?
The database folder should be on the ssd as noted in the help file. Install blue iris itself on the ssd...only place the recorded footage on the hdd.
Only one profile is active at a time...post your settings..you likely have it setup incorrectly.

winter016

n3wb
Reaction score
This is what was created by BI: C:\ProgramData\Blue Iris\temp\Driveway.20170102_210223_757147.jpg
I am wondering I have the buffer set to 20 mb as well does BI store it to this? Ive read in other forums that running a program that does a lot of write cycles such as temp folder to SSD will shorten its life.
Ok, thank you I am actually away from the system right now I'll post them as soon as I can

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is what was created by BI: C:\ProgramData\Blue Iris\temp\Driveway.20170102_210223_757147.jpg
I am wondering I have the buffer set to 20 mb as well does BI store it to this? Ive read in other forums that running a program that does a lot of write cycles such as temp folder to SSD will shorten its life.
Ok, thank you I am actually away from the system right now I'll post them as soon as I can
dont move any program data folders...I dont even have a temp folder not sure what is being stored in yours but regardless your ssd will be just fine...I run most of my blue iris machines with SSD's for the OS and program..leave it as is.

winter016

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, great thanks! I'll post pictures of the profile settings when I get home.