Blue Iris Randomly Crashes After Sending Apple Push Notifications

RDubz

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has experienced BI randomly crashing after sending Apple push notifications? I have been running BI for about a year now with no issues. This started after the recent Windows 10 upgrade to build 1803 (from build 1709).

The Windows Event Viewer logs the faulting module as: CRYPT32.DLL.

I am running BI release 4.7.8.1 x64 on Windows 10 (build 1803).

If I send test push notifications, BI does not crash. It only crashes (randomly) when the software sends the notifications after a trigger.

I have tried the following:
  • Added new inbound rules to the Windows firewall and exclusions in the anti-virus software for BlueIris.exe and BlueIrisAdmin.exe.
  • Tried "repairing" the BI installation.
I am getting by for now (either by running BI tools to restart BI when it crashes, or disabling the push notifications), but this takes away from the intent of the software. So, just wondering if anybody has come across this and if so, how did you get round it?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has experienced BI randomly crashing after sending Apple push notifications? I have been running BI for about a year now with no issues. This started after the recent Windows 10 upgrade to build 1803 (from build 1709).

The Windows Event Viewer logs the faulting module as: CRYPT32.DLL.

I am running BI release 4.7.8.1 x64 on Windows 10 (build 1803).

If I send test push notifications, BI does not crash. It only crashes (randomly) when the software sends the notifications after a trigger.

I have tried the following:
  • Added new inbound rules to the Windows firewall and exclusions in the anti-virus software for BlueIris.exe and BlueIrisAdmin.exe.
  • Tried "repairing" the BI installation.
I am getting by for now (either by running BI tools to restart BI when it crashes, or disabling the push notifications), but this takes away from the intent of the software. So, just wondering if anybody has come across this and if so, how did you get round it?

Thanks!
first try updating to the latest release...if that doesnt help email support. You can also save your settings and reinstall.

RDubz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions!

When I sent the original post the software had already auto-updated to ver. 4.7.9.1 x64 (which is apparently the latest). I have emailed Support and since it does not appear to be related to BI itself, they were not sure what to try (over and above the firewall/anti-virus exclusions).

However, BI has not crashed since my original post with numerous Apple push notifications (maybe a Windows update or anti-virus update in the background....looking into this). I'll be keeping an eye on it, but I will try the re-install BI if it happens again.

Thanks!