Blue Iris Randomly Crashing onServer 2012 R2

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all, so i'm hoping to get some insight from someone who understands event viewer better than me.

Blue iris is frequently crashing, and I don't know why. I had mp4 alerts set for one camera, I've since disabled it but I had random crashes before

I thought it was from using vnc or the mobile app, but it just seems to happen if I change profile, or turn off monitoring then let it do it's 30 second countdown so I can leave.

Here's the details from event viewer:

Code:
Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 4.5.8.5, time stamp: 0x59567897
Faulting module name: BlueIris.exe, version: 4.5.8.5, time stamp: 0x59567897
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x000000000000fd3f
Faulting process id: 0x23f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f454cc8409a3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIris.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIris.exe
Report Id: 6b793517-6049-11e7-80dc-0026552e623a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Code:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-07-03T23:43:32.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>12058</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>DL380-G6</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>BlueIris.exe</Data>
  <Data>4.5.8.5</Data>
  <Data>59567897</Data>
  <Data>BlueIris.exe</Data>
  <Data>4.5.8.5</Data>
  <Data>59567897</Data>
  <Data>c0000094</Data>
  <Data>000000000000fd3f</Data>
  <Data>23f0</Data>
  <Data>01d2f454cc8409a3</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIris.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIris.exe</Data>
  <Data>6b793517-6049-11e7-80dc-0026552e623a</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>
unfortunately it doesn't seem super descriptive.

System is running on a 250gb ssd, has two xeon x5570's and 72gb of ram which passed memtest a while back.

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
Anti-virus software on this system? Have you excluded BI folders from it?
I just excluded it and started blue iris and it crashed as I as using it, this is infuriating. It seemed to have been working fine until I added a foscam but I noticed the odd crash here and there, I just thought I had closed it by mistake.

Why the hell doesn't it create crash logs?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just excluded it and started blue iris and it crashed as I as using it, this is infuriating. It seemed to have been working fine until I added a foscam but I noticed the odd crash here and there, I just thought I had closed it by mistake.

Why the hell doesn't it create crash logs?
are you running a vm? what other software are you running on the pc....
have you emailed support?
you can setup blue iris to log status events and see if there is something happening right before a crash..

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
Not running a vm, and haven't emailed support yet.

I nuked out my install, registry entries and everything, and also cleared out the network drive it was recording to.

I just thought of something however though, I have it set to a 200gb limit and to keep files until space is needed, at which point it should copy the files over to a local drive for archiving (I am using a network drive for fresh stuff in case of theft, since it's harder to find).

There's 20gb available after the 200gb limit but I'm wondering if whenever it tried to record, it couldn't figure out what to do, and then crashed, hence why the crashes are kind of random, and always seemed to happen when I left (an outside camera would have been set to record)

Maybe the settings for file limit aren't matured, or working properly, so instead of being able to record into that spare 20gb and move older files back to the other drive, it just crashed out, so I'll have to maybe set a 14 day file limit or something though that's less than ideal.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not running a vm, and haven't emailed support yet.

I nuked out my install, registry entries and everything, and also cleared out the network drive it was recording to.

I just thought of something however though, I have it set to a 200gb limit and to keep files until space is needed, at which point it should copy the files over to a local drive for archiving (I am using a network drive for fresh stuff in case of theft, since it's harder to find).

There's 20gb available after the 200gb limit but I'm wondering if whenever it tried to record, it couldn't figure out what to do, and then crashed, hence why the crashes are kind of random, and always seemed to happen when I left (an outside camera would have been set to record)

Maybe the settings for file limit aren't matured, or working properly, so instead of being able to record into that spare 20gb and move older files back to the other drive, it just crashed out, so I'll have to maybe set a 14 day file limit or something though that's less than ideal.
This is possible as other threads mention crashing due to insufficient space...keep in mind that if you use combine and cut, the file cannot be moved until its closed...set your settings accordingly. You should always record to local drive...this is always most reliable...simply clone the camera (and hide it) and record duplicate to the nas...no additional resources will be used..