Blue Iris randomly starting up.

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris installed on my primary computer and have used it as my with 6 cameras for a couple of years with no problems, I recently purchased 4 more cameras and it is too much for this computer. So I have started using an NVR and stopped using BI on that computer.

My problem is that B I keeps starting up randomly on the computer and slowing it down. I want to keep B I on the computer but don't want it randomly starting up any ideas?

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you running BI as a service? Check Options>Startup and see if "Run as a Windows service" is checked.
If so, uncheck and restart. BI will not randomly start on its own, but if it is running as a service, it will start with boot.

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I was running BI as a service but I have unchecked the tick box for that many times over the last few weeks and when I do it BI shuts down but still randomly starts back up again later.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I was running BI as a service but I have unchecked the tick box for that many times over the last few weeks and when I do it BI shuts down but still randomly starts back up again later.
you must have setup a task scheduler or something else to start it up like blue iris tools. Next time instead of an NVR, buy a dedicated pc to run blue iris. Your setup could likely run on a 100 dollar i5-3570 pc.