Blue Iris record glitches

ravelect

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I made fresh install of win10 and Blue Iris on I5-9400k with 8Gb RAM (still waiting for another 8GB stick) and 250GB M.2 ssd primary drive and 2TB WD green for archiving. Currently are connected 3 cameras one 30 fps and two with 15 fps, all with resolution 2Mp.
I can noticed after a while I do not use computer and only Blue Iris is running, recorded files are glitchy. Every few seconds video freezes and after 1 or 2 seconds continues. This do not happen if I do some stuff on computer (like web browsing, ....) So I think some of computer components are going to idle state, but I cannot figure which one.
I Already tried this settings, all with no success: set computer to high performance, set hard drives never go to sleep, set blue iris to hardware decoding, set blue iris to direct-to-disk recording, set priority of blue iris to real-time in task manager.
I ran out of ideas what could be wrong, so any suggestions will be appreciate.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello,

I made fresh install of win10 and Blue Iris on I5-9400k with 8Gb RAM (still waiting for another 8GB stick) and 250GB M.2 ssd primary drive and 2TB WD green for archiving. Currently are connected 3 cameras one 30 fps and two with 15 fps, all with resolution 2Mp.
I can noticed after a while I do not use computer and only Blue Iris is running, recorded files are glitchy. Every few seconds video freezes and after 1 or 2 seconds continues. This do not happen if I do some stuff on computer (like web browsing, ....) So I think some of computer components are going to idle state, but I cannot figure which one.
I Already tried this settings, all with no success: set computer to high performance, set hard drives never go to sleep, set blue iris to hardware decoding, set blue iris to direct-to-disk recording, set priority of blue iris to real-time in task manager.
I ran out of ideas what could be wrong, so any suggestions will be appreciate.
Is that a Surveillance Hard drive your using? I recommend a WD purple harddrive. Also have you gone through this page? Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the files glitch on play back ? Or glichy on live view ?
Are you using intel hardware acceleration QuickSync ?
Add a file sample to youtub and post an link .

A note that the power saving options on windows 10 can cause live display problems

ravelect

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I solve this issue by setting "Turn off display after xx minutes" to "never". This helped. None of other power option did not help. I am assuming that windows do something with graphics adapter, but this setting is not available through menus.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
settings for Intel Graphics Power Plan and Turn off display

1585256992624.png