Blue Iris refuses to change profile with schedule

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im attempting to get blue iris to change profile automatically every night, so i have a day profile/night profile, but it refuses

could anyone have a look at my settings and tell me what im doing wrong?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im attempting to get blue iris to change profile automatically every night, so i have a day profile/night profile, but it refuses

could anyone have a look at my settings and tell me what im doing wrong?
Where are you looking to see if the profile has changed?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its showing red square on profile, which is standard every time profile is changed
Nope. That is the permanent hold function that is engaged when you longpress pause icon on the server or longpress a profile on the app. This is why it was not switching.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope. That is the permanent hold function that is engaged when you longpress pause icon on the server or longpress a profile on the app. This is why it was not switching.
There is only a play button or a stop button that shows, no pause button.

this app definitely needs a revamp.

so how do i get it to work, what do i want it to display?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is only a play button or a stop button that shows, no pause button.

this app definitely needs a revamp.

so how do i get it to work, what do i want it to display?
There is a pause button that changes into the red square. Change a profile and you will see.
You need to read the help file. Its all there. Basic operation.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is a pause button that changes into the red square. Change a profile and you will see.
You need to read the help file. Its all there. Basic operation.
I have my temp times set to 0, so there is no pause status, only play or stop status.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the help file:

You must LONG PRESS this button to activate Pause, as it easily may be enabled inadvertently.

You want the green PLAY triangle

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have my temp times set to 0, so there is no pause status, only play or stop status.
Well that is your problem. As explained in the help file. Before changing any settings it is important to understand what they do. By setting the temp time to zero you have created an indefinite hold as explained in the manual. You must read it.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From the help file:

You must LONG PRESS this button to activate Pause, as it easily may be enabled inadvertently.

You want the green PLAY triangle
Ok thanks, so i want to see the green play button? Is it okay my temp times are set to 0?

and if i change profiles manually how do i set it so it still changes with schedule?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should still set a temp time in there or it will Pause.

As long as you have times in the temp time, it will switch from a manually set profile back to your schedule based on either that temp time or the schedule time, whichever comes first.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should still set a temp time in there or it will Pause.

As long as you have times in the temp time, it will switch from a manually set profile back to your schedule based on either that temp time or the schedule time, whichever comes first.
So if i have a temp time of 4 hours on a certain profile, then i change profile at 7pm, will it interfere with the schedule change at 8pm?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At 8pm it will switch to the scheduled profile UNLESS you put the profile change at 7pm on hold, but then you have to remember to unhold it later. Best to just let the schedule do what it does and if you need to switch the profile at 8:01 to the temp profile, better than missing something by having it left on hold.

Last edited:

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
At 8pm it will switch to the scheduled profile UNLESS you put the profile change at 7pm on hold/pause, but then you have to remember to unpause it later. Best to just let the schedule do what it does and if you need to switch the profile at 8:01 to the temp profile, better than missing something by having it left on hold.
Okay thanks, so next to the profile it shows the yellow pause button now, does this mean its on pause, or does this mean "press this to pause"

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it shows the yellow pause that means it is in pause mode.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it shows the yellow pause that means it is in pause mode.
Oh, i just tested it, and it changed profile with schedule whilst in pause mode? Even more confused now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pause will switch profiles, Hold will not.

Pause usually also means nothing is recording.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, i just tested it, and it changed profile with schedule whilst in pause mode? Even more confused now.
Because you refuse to read the manual. It is supposed to change profiles in pause/temp mode. You had it in hold mode.