Blue Iris Remote View "All cameras" resolution is too low

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Team,

I have Blue Iris v4.3.9.6 with 4 Hikvision (4M pixel cameras).

Via the web interface (Blue Iris Remote View), I am happy with the resolution of individual camera streaming, but the "All cameras" view resolution looks much lower. Is there a way I can bump up the resolution for this? Perhaps a hack/tweak to a file in Blue Iris "www" directory?

Thanks!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Does BI pull the secondary stream from each cam for the "all cameras" view?

If that's the case, you may be able to bump up the resolution of your secondary stream in the camera's UI (not BI)
but in my experience, the secondary stream is often limited to very low rez, so ymmv...

If BI is instead down-sampling the main stream for the 'all cameras' view, then that should be configurable in BI.
for activex/mpeg view (default.htm) look in the BI options / web server/ encoder profiles page.
for jpeg refresh (jpegpull.htm) look in each cam's options / webcast tab...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does BI pull the secondary stream from each cam for the "all cameras" view?

If that's the case, you may be able to bump up the resolution of your secondary stream in the camera's UI (not BI)
but in my experience, the secondary stream is often limited to very low rez, so ymmv...

If BI is instead down-sampling the main stream for the 'all cameras' view, then that should be configurable in BI.
for activex/mpeg view (default.htm) look in the BI options / web server/ encoder profiles page.
for jpeg refresh (jpegpull.htm) look in each cam's options / webcast tab...
No it does not. OP might try increasing the web servers max bitrate.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
OH, you were asking about the all cameras view in the WEB UI, not the console. duh, I shoulda noticed.
yeah, the little cog icon in the console let's you bump up the rez (and also control the aspect ratio and thus the layout somewhat)
of the composite image seen in the web ui. Glad you got it sorted despite our best efforts... :)

agrogers

n3wb
Reaction score
I have faced the same problem. Some camera views (those with long distance objects) appear to be very low res. However I think the issue is more with the compression algorithm though. This post helped me find the 'cog' option but I dont think there is anything there to adjust the way the screen is compressed. Changing the resolution to the maximum helped for sure - the default of 640x480 was mostly unusable.

But great software with lots of great features. I love that I can make it ring a 'door bell' when people enter our reception :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can type in your own resolution numbers. If you exceed 1920x1080 you may break the official mobile apps however.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have faced the same problem. Some camera views (those with long distance objects) appear to be very low res. However I think the issue is more with the compression algorithm though. This post helped me find the 'cog' option but I dont think there is anything there to adjust the way the screen is compressed. Changing the resolution to the maximum helped for sure - the default of 640x480 was mostly unusable.

But great software with lots of great features. I love that I can make it ring a 'door bell' when people enter our reception :)
Max bitrate