Blue Iris reverts to evaluation

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just paid $59.95 on May 30th to Digital River GMBH (germany) for another year of support.
3 Weeks ago my computer motherboard died.
I just got a new one and re-installed Blue Iris.
Why is it now an evaluation copy only?
What is going on here? Does anyone know? And what happened to Perspective Software?

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I just paid $59.95 on May 30th to Digital River GMBH (germany) for another year of support.
What is going on here? Does anyone know?
did you re-enter your license key ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is going on here? Does anyone know? And what happened to Perspective Software?
Why do you think anything happened to perspective software? He has been using digital river checkout for years.
Of course its on the evaluation because you changed pc hardware, now enter your ORIGINAL license key as others have noted.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why do you think anything happened to perspective software? He has been using digital river checkout for years.
Of course its on the evaluation because you changed pc hardware, now enter your ORIGINAL license key as others have noted.
Thanks,
I got it going. I had to use the 3rd code (last one I got), but it says it will expire on 6/3/2020. That has already passed.
Is there any way to contact Perspective to get this straightened out?

Last edited:

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you able to click on the "Email Support" button on the main Blue Iris settings page?

Blue Iris email support.png

That will copy important relevant information to your clipboard that the developer needs in order to address your trouble.

Regards

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
New problem!
Located the Dahua, but cannot get any of my three Hikvisions going.

Hik 192.168.0.7
Hik 192.168.0.8
Hik 192.168.0.10

I get
Check (port / user / password)
They are 2032F
Don't remember how I did this before. It happens with old age.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I cannot get away from "Evaluation Version"
I have 3 different codes they had sent me.
None of them work, I tried them all. One code worked for 1 day, then reverted to "Evaluation Version".
I paid them on May 30th this year 2020 for an update, because it showed it would expire 6/3/2020.
On 5/30/2020, 1 day after I paid, I received an email showing my original license code.
When I try to enter that, I get a message that this key is already part of my records and is not to be entered again.
The code that is currently installed is not re-enabled to make this a legitimate copy.
Can anyone help? I have emailed Perspective again, but received no answer.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cannot get away from "Evaluation Version"
I have 3 different codes they had sent me.
None of them work, I tried them all. One code worked for 1 day, then reverted to "Evaluation Version".
I paid them on May 30th this year 2020 for an update, because it showed it would expire 6/3/2020.
On 5/30/2020, 1 day after I paid, I received an email showing my original license code.
When I try to enter that, I get a message that this key is already part of my records and is not to be entered again.
The code that is currently installed is not re-enabled to make this a legitimate copy.
Can anyone help? I have emailed Perspective again, but received no answer.
Email must be completed as per the help file.
You must not use a private domain email serivce.
So send an email via gmail or live.com
When you get the new activation code, print it clearly on a label, and stick it on the BI machine.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Email must be completed as per the help file.
You must not use a private domain email serivce.
So send an email via gmail or live.com
When you get the new activation code, print it clearly on a label, and stick it on the BI machine.
Thanks

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have used Gmail.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent purchase! You will find important information about your purchase and delivery below.

Order ID: 3GH4XLF-A7GXU

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This info redacted. It contains their thank you
for payment they received from 5/30/2020

Why did you not send me a renewal?
I only discovered this recently, because my computer was down waiting for a new motherboard.
Please send me a proper code that does not convert to a demo code!

Anything wrong with this email request? Does it meet their requirements?

PS
Just tried to send a third plea for renewal.

Email to: support@blueirissoftware.com

Error
The address "Email to: support@blueirissoftware.com" in the "To" field was not recognized. Please make sure that all addresses are properly formed.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is
support@blueirissoftware.com still a good email address?

or is it temporarily out?

or is this the end of Bi? I was just getting ready to replace my 3 dead hiks with low light Dahuas.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why did you not send me a renewal?
Sounds like you are accusing him of not sending the code.
I only discovered this recently, because my computer was down waiting for a new motherboard.
Please send me a proper code that does not convert to a demo code!
This sounds like you are accusing him of sending a faulty code.

Anything wrong with this email request? Does it meet their requirements?
If I received this email it would sit for awhile, until I was good and ready to respond.

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In defence of the OP, I had a similar experience with my auto renewal and the lack of new key being sent and I too had problems getting a response using a personal domain. It took a while to stuimble upon the solution in these forums of using a GMAIL, ATT, Comcast, etc. email address and it was frustrating to say the least during the period I couldn't get a answer.

It seems to me that a support mailbox for commercial software should be capable of receiving email from anyone or at a minimum indicate what method / domains are acceptable for communication and not bounce with a cryptic message that sounds like a temporary email failure.

And before anyone askes, yes, I did send an email to Ken letting know he may have a email config issue once I was able to get through but never got a response

Once the rules were/are understood it isn't a big deal however not knowing the rules of the game and not being given a playbook by the author seems a little "unfair" (how I hate that word)

Regards.....

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If I received this email it would sit for awhile, until I was good and ready to respond.
Would you still feel that way if 6 weeks you paid and after 3 emails of no answer you still have no response?
I had to assume that maybe the covid19 virus may have shut the company down, or that whoever has the job of replying to such inquiries was temporarily incapacitated.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would you still feel that way if 6 weeks you paid and after 3 emails of no answer you still have no response?
I had to assume that maybe the covid19 virus may have shut the company down, or that whoever has the job of replying to such inquiries was temporarily incapacitated.
I posted my dilemma because maybe it has to do with my computer's motherboard being new and different now.
The old one died 4 weeks ago and getting a new one took 4 weeks.
Since I had no reply to my inquiries since May 2nd, maybe my emails never reached them or their replies never reached me.
Do they monitor this board? I hope.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got this 'with an empty box' in the email.

Product Key
For any assistance regarding the Product Keys distributed through this site, please contact Microsoft Help Desk Toll-Free number printed on the product you purchased. We wish you a pleasant Microsoft Experience!
Enter the passcode provided by Microsoft Help Desk

What help desk?
I never bought Bi in a box. I assume I got this reply because the program assumed that I was a new customer, because my email request showed "Evaluation"

How can I retrieve this hidden code?