Blue Iris reverts to evaluation

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
pidplusprodadmin <pidprdad@microsoft.com> Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 4:28 PM
To: "dee8888@gmail.com" <dee8888@gmail.com>
Dear Customer

Based on your request, you have been issued a Product Key. Click here to go to the Product Key distribution site.

Please note that your access to Product Key distribution site will expire by 8/14/2020.

Troubleshooting:

If clicking on the link above does not work, try the following:
1) Open a new instance of Internet Explorer
2) In the address bar copy the following link: Microsoft Support
3) Click Go or, on your keyboard, please Enter or Return.
If you continue to have access problems or want to report other issues in accessing this URL, please contact Microsoft Help using the tool free numbers printed on your product.

Thank you,

* Microsoft *

Note: Please do not reply to this message.

This e-mail message has been sent from an unmonitored e-mail address. We are unable to respond to any replies sent to this e-mail address.

© 2020 Microsoft Corporation.

Above is all I received. Unfortunately the link it provides asks for a code found on the box the software came in. Mine never came in a bow. It was downloaded online 5 years ago.
So how can I retrieve my code?
Fendernan, do you know how?

Last edited:

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dear Customer

Based on your request, you have been issued a Product Key. Click here to go to the Product Key distribution site.

Please note that your access to Product Key distribution site will expire by 8/14/2020.

Troubleshooting:

If you continue to have access problems or want to report other issues in accessing this URL, please contact Microsoft Help using the tool free numbers printed on your product.

Thank you,

* Microsoft *

This e-mail message has been sent from an unmonitored e-mail address. We are unable to respond to any replies sent to this e-mail address.

Above is all I received. Unfortunately the link it provides asks for a code found on the box the software came in. Mine never came in a bow. It was downloaded online 5 years ago.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was finally able to get rid of "Evaluation" , by inserting the last code I had.
Of course that is what I did once before and it only lasted for 1 day and then reverted to "Evaluation".
Also, it still shows Expires 6/3/2020.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dear Customer

Troubleshooting:

Thank you,

* Microsoft *

I think this has nothing to do with Blue Iris, but may have been done by someone who is MS support consultant who took a temporary control of my computer to try recovering a system update code.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this has nothing to do with Blue Iris, but may have been done by someone who is MS support consultant who took a temporary control of my computer to try recovering a system update code.
Oh god. Sounds like you fell for an indian scammer. You were not dealing with an MS support consultant. You should wipe your entire system now.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the scare. I agree, I was scared too. I have since(your post) almost have a heart attack, but scanned my computer with multiple (about a dozen) anti malware apps and anti virus apps. Found many and fixed(eliminated). I also have good news. Apparently they will help me out. I received an email from them where they said they'll help me in a few days.
"While our goal is to respond within 24 hours, we often have an email backlog each day. "

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
You might as well wipe the machine and start over with a new install.
I have had pc's come in after someone wanted "remote control to fix something"
and spent way more time on it then blowing it all away and starting over.

Sounds like you have all of your Blue Iris keys now, so you can get it back up after the install.

On Windoze 10 you can go to start, settings, system, about.
Towards the bottom is your windows key

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, they just promise to get to it because they are busy.

I received an email from them where they said they'll help me in a few days. Below is what they said. I'm just happy they responded and are willing to help.
"While our goal is to respond within 24 hours, we often have an email backlog each day. "

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Study the help BI help file. All of IT. Then study it again.
Your problems have been all caused by user error.
An email from Microsoft would NEVER arrive simply because you sent an email to BI support.
No, he does not read this board. And the "company" is one guy.
And yes, you should wipe your computer clean and re-install everything from scratch.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just remember to deactivate the Blue Iris license, and maybe export all the settings to another drive, IF you decide to rebuild Windoohs from scratch before starting that project. The media creation tool, from Microsoft, makes it very easy to do. The biggest headache is waiting for all the damn patches to install after the basic OS is installed. You don't need to worry about the Windoohs product key, it's already embedded in the BIOS of the PC.

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Windows support..You have been Scammed ! ! :eek: by this guy :smoking:. (unless you actually contacted them thru the Microsoft Website and had it arranged. If so disregard the below))

From what I have read export your BI settings and deactivate Bi licence. Write/copy your Windows key for use later then Wipe your whole computer......every thing.

I would change Every Pass Word you had stored on your computer/websites/banks accounts. (Any thing that you had stored on your computer).

By just keeping an eye on your stuff for a few weeks will not cut it.

This happened to a friend of mine..they waited a few months... So he thought he was safe.. then Bam ! ! They started cleaning him out.....