blue iris says I cannot open video

choban

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been running blue iris for a couple of months and everything was working OK. I updated to a new version on my IPAD and IPHONE and now I get "cannot open video". when I click on the camera ICON in blue iris running on my IPAD. I am running a FOSCAM F18910 and when I use the FOSCAM software on my IPAD or IPHONE I can connect to my camera. I have check my setting and I can't see what I'm doing wrong. On the IPAD it says I'm running 1.12 software. The blue iris I'm running on my computer says ver 3.49.05. When I go into my blue iris software on my IPAD and go into the setting ICON there is an pull down menu call LAN encoder profile this shows "CBR 1024 kbps: gop 300 bframe 2" these are the only options that it has to select from, not sure if this a problem, don't remember if it was always this way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been running blue iris for a couple of months and everything was working OK. I updated to a new version on my IPAD and IPHONE and now I get "cannot open video". when I click on the camera ICON in blue iris running on my IPAD. I am running a FOSCAM F18910 and when I use the FOSCAM software on my IPAD or IPHONE I can connect to my camera. I have check my setting and I can't see what I'm doing wrong. On the IPAD it says I'm running 1.12 software. The blue iris I'm running on my computer says ver 3.49.05. When I go into my blue iris software on my IPAD and go into the setting ICON there is an pull down menu call LAN encoder profile this shows "CBR 1024 kbps: gop 300 bframe 2" these are the only options that it has to select from, not sure if this a problem, don't remember if it was always this way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
So your BI on your pc works fine, its just that when you try to remote view via the app you get cannot open video?
If so, try uninstalling the app then reinstalling it. Let us know if that helps.