Blue Iris Sends Push Alert and MQTT alert from False Alert

Jonnyuk5

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum so go easy but hoping someone may be able to help. Im using Blue Iris 5.4.7.0 and Sentry Smart Alerts. Most of the Time smart Alerts works really well and can filter and see 100's of cancelled alerts. The issue is and what happened last night is I got 5 or 6 Push notification through to my mobile and MQTT which sets off an alarm. These were triggered by a spiders web but when I checked Blue Iris this morning for that Camera there were no Sentry Confirmed Alerts only Cancelled Alerts from the Spiders web confirming the Sentry was doing its job. Also If I check the sentry portal there is no Positive alert for that Camera. Is this just a glitch or connection issue from my Blue iris PC to Sentry AI server and it missed it ? but if so would I not see this as a positive alert in Blue Iris even if Blue Iris couldn't contact Sentry at the time ?
if not is there something i can do to make this even more accurate to stop this like "Wait until Trigged at least" or some other setting. It would be good to hear other people feedback on Sentry

Hope someone may be able to shed some light on this and Thanks in Advance

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A recent update with DeepStack AI added now includes two locations for alerts. Under the Trigger tab is an area for immediate actions and those will send you alerts bypassing AI.

In the Alerts Tab, you need to configure that for alerts based on AI confirmation.

I suspect your alerts are under Immediate instead of Alerts tab with AI confirmation.

Jonnyuk5

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Thanks for you reply does deepstack work differently as I'm using the paid Sentry Alerts through Blue Iris. I checked the cams Trigger and there is nothing set in the immediate alerts and to be honest I hardly ever get these false alarms since going with Sentry. Under Alerts Tab its just set to Fire When Camera triggered and Motion Zones I can't see any other options for AI Confirmation ?

Cheers

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many find the DeepStack to be way better than the paid Sentry. DeepStack is free and runs locally on your computer.

And the most recent update you are on allows you the option to train AI for specific things you are looking for if for some reason it isn't working properly for your field of view or you want to add objects DeepStack doesn't have.

Under the Alerts tab and then under the On Alerts is where you tell it to send under confirmed AI, but that might be more for DeepStack as I only used Sentry for the demo trial and didn't work well enough for my field of view to pay for it.

Jonnyuk5

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok great useful information thank you . I have got a 1 year sub for sentry and also emailed there support so may be interesting to see what they say but in the mean time might look at setting up Deepstack setup especially if the false alerts keep happening