Blue Iris settings for HS-VUB08G2-IA

ta240

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a generic/knock-off Hikvision camera with HS-VUB08G2-IA on it and I can't get it to connect to Blue Iris. When I login to the camera's IP address I can adjust the settings, I don't get any video on the web browsers either. But I've run into that with other cameras, but they'd show on BI. I think it just has to do with not running an add-on in the browser.
I've tried having BI discover the camera and I've tried copying my working cameras to the new one and still no luck. There may be an actual problem with the camera but I'm hoping that isn't it. Can someone recommend the settings for it?

I apologize if this should be in the blue iris forum instead, just let me know and I'll delete it and post there.

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you performed a hard reset (preferred) of the camera?
Or a soft reset via the embedded webGUI?

ta240

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you performed a hard reset (preferred) of the camera?
Or a soft reset via the embedded webGUI?
Yes, I did the procedure they had listed of: hold the reset button for 30 seconds, keep holding it and disconnect power and wait 30 seconds and keep holding it and connect power back and wait 30 more seconds before letting go and it reset it all back to original with no password set or anything. I was really hopeful that was going to do the trick. I made sure nothing else was using its 64 IP address too.

I had just bought another actual HIKvision camera that did the same thing with showing no video in the web browser but it came right up in Blue Iris. It is a DS-2CD13470GO-LUF

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone recommend the settings for it?
Assuming that in BI it would be connected with the ONVIF protocol, in the camera web GUI have you enabled ONVIF (Open Network Video Interface under Network | Advanced Settings | Integration protocol) and added an ONVIF user to use in BI?
From what I recall, on the Hikvision version of the camera, ONVIF is disabled by default.

ta240

n3wb
Reaction score
I just enabled the ONVIF in the camera and added a user under it. Where do I add an ONVIF user in BI? I googled that but didn't find anything.

When I do a Find/Inspect here is what it comes up with:

Opening 192.168.1.64 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
1970-01-01T17:12:31.000Z
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Search services: /onvif/SearchRecording
Has Imaging services: /onvif/Imaging
Has media services: /onvif/Media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/Events
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/DeviceIO
AudioOutputs: 0
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

1701546546921.png
1701546694023.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The bad response line is usually a bad user/password combo in the camera GUI

ONVIF user is added in the camera not BI.

Iris Chu

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a generic/knock-off Hikvision camera with HS-VUB08G2-IA on it and I can't get it to connect to Blue Iris. When I login to the camera's IP address I can adjust the settings, I don't get any video on the web browsers either. But I've run into that with other cameras, but they'd show on BI. I think it just has to do with not running an add-on in the browser.
I've tried having BI discover the camera and I've tried copying my working cameras to the new one and still no luck. There may be an actual problem with the camera but I'm hoping that isn't it. Can someone recommend the settings for it?

I apologize if this should be in the blue iris forum instead, just let me know and I'll delete it and post there.

Thanks!
Helllo, my friend. This is Iris, who know and sell the camera you mentioned above. I am sorry to see your request so late.

Firstly, the model number is from hitosino brand, which is Hikvison OEM brand. And hitosino brands cameras are manufactured by hikvision. The model HS-VUB08G2-IA is the OEM neutral version DS-2CD2087G2-LU.

Secondly, as for your problem, our engineer has test our cameras and give the solution for you. Please kindly check the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WbiTtqgC3ejM6K9nBJ3_aY2EOwsLrgk2/view?usp=drive_link

He shares the solution on Google drive with words descriptions and operation step pictures.