Blue Iris setup for dummies?

cusco

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks to fenderman's help, i was able to setup blue iris on my system and got it to work via iphone app too.

now the question is, are there a noobie guide to setting up/customizing BI so it doesn't fill up my HDD like crazy.. which i just now found out the reason why my comp is sluggish...

i'd like to have it record when motion is triggered and not triggered by sound. also, push notification to my cell, etc.

thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a help file that explains everything...look at the clips and archiving section.

cusco

n3wb
Reaction score
where's the clips and archiving section? i don't see it posted up as stickie

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant clip and archiving tab.. Then click on help..

cusco

n3wb
Reaction score
oh.. hehe.. got it. :)
i still need to find a firewall that will work with blue iris. zone alarm let's blueiris pass from time to time. comodo let's it pass 100% of the time but sluggish as hell on my x64 system i7 system. :(

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i still need to find a firewall that will work with blue iris. zone alarm let's blueiris pass from time to time. comodo let's it pass 100% of the time but sluggish as hell on my x64 system i7 system. :(
I use Kaspersky Total Security (includes firewall). It works very well with BI and doesn't interfere with it at all. Been using it for several years.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Norton also works with BI with no issues...also make sure to exclude blue iris from virus scans..