Blue Iris Setup Problem

Pine

n3wb
Reaction score
Very new to this and trying to get our camera setup to feed into BI. We already have an NVR setup with hikvision cameras but for a number of reasons would also like to be able to feed the video into BI. Our NVR is setup and working fine, so I thought this would be fairly straightforward, but can't seem to get the feed into BI.

I have individual IP addresses for each of the cams, but the port settings in the nvr s/w I think are the same for all of the cameras--is this the issue? I've googled up a storm on how to set up BI with another NVR on the system, but since blue iris is an NVR, it's not been a very fruitful search.

Any help would be very appreciated--I'm going nuts with this!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The port numbers can be the same...if the cameras are directly connected to the NVR (via built in poe) it makes it more difficult (not impossible, because the NVR creates its own sort of "network" and asssigns ip address that your router cannot see) to pull a stream directly from the camera...the more efficient way of doing it is to pull the streams from the NVR itself...
Add a camera in Blue iris, select the hikvision ds-6716/// from the dropdown...see if you can get one of your channels to stream...then we will work on the rest..

Pine

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick response!

I've added the camera and selected the hikvision ds-6716 (also tried DS-2C..) and entered in the IP address listed for the camera, as well as the https and RTSP port settings listed in the NVR s/w. Also entered the username and password for the NVR. I haven't changed the setting in the 'autoconfigure' field.

When I hit OK, I'm getting Error: 800024d (refused; check IP address and port) 0.

ETA, I have 4 different port settings in the NVR s/w:
HTTP
RTSP
HTTPS
Server Port/Management Port

I've tried the HTTP and HTTPS Port with no luck

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to enter the NVR ip address not the camera..put it back to hikvision ds-6716 and enter the nvr credentials, ip, username password..your blue iris machine cannot see the ip addresses of the camera (if you have them connected to the NVR)

Pine

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahhh, that did it!! Thank you!! I'm only seeing one camera though--is there a way to import feeds from them all?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, add another camera and set it up the same way...confirm you are getting feed (just to ensure all settings are correct) which will be a duplicate of the first cam..then first try just changing the camera number in the video section of network configuration screen (under params)...if that does not give you the second camera, then in the same section under path, change {camno}01 to 02 and so forth for the rest..

Edit: I have some in correct info above..do not change the channel number in the path..unless you want a substream..so changing the channel to 02 instead of 01 will give you the substream vs the main stream...to change camera feeds use the channel option...

Pine

n3wb
Reaction score
Makes total sense! Thanks so much for the help on a Sunday morning. Really appreciate it! I knew I must be missing something simple, but not experienced to know what.

Pine

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I thought I had it all figured out, but running into one more issue. Three of 7 cameras are working perfectly. The other 4 have no signal, with an error of "RTSP: 404 Not Found." I thought maybe I'd entered one of the parameters incorrectly, but if I go to a working camera and only change the channel parameters, I get the same error.

I've gone back to the DVR s/w and as far as I can tell, only 7 channels are set up, with no obvious difference in the camera settings for the ones which work vs the ones which don't.

Any thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When you go to the non working cameras and choose channel 1, does it display properly? What model NVR do you have?
Edit: I have some in correct info above..do not change the channel number in the path..unless you want a substream..so changing the channel to 02 instead of 01 will give you the substream vs the main stream...to change camera feeds use the channel option...

Pine

n3wb
Reaction score
When you go to the non working cameras and choose channel 1, does it display properly? What model NVR do you have?
That did it! Now to go through and edit settings to decrease the CPU usage--moving from one foscam to 7 3mp hikvision certainly had an impact! That's at least an easily googleable problem. Thanks again for all of your help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great. Best way to reduce cpu is to use direct to disc recording...Search for that..