Blue Iris Skipping recording multiple cameras every day at 2:00 am.

danlorenzo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I have Blue Iris 5 that I have set up with 8 cameras, all recording continuously. Mostly Foscam/Amcrest cameras. I am having an issue where on all of the cameras that I checked the time skips from 2:00 am to 2:06 am every morning. The camera time and Blue Iris time both skip ahead consistently 6 minutes and 30 seconds. I have both POE and ethernet connected powered cameras.

I first noticed this when I had a motion security light that came on each night at exactly 2:00 am. I then was looking at the camera nearby to see what the trigger was. I then noticed the skip. I have checked several of the other cameras, both POE and powered, with the same results. This seems to have been happening for as long as I have records for. I thought it was some type of power glitch, but do not know how that would affect things. I have a UPS on the Blue Iris computer, as well as a backup generator (neither of these has been activated).

I have checked to make sure that I am not running out of recording size (largest file for one camera was 4 GB, and cut video recording was set to 10.5 GB), so that does not seem to be the issue.

I am going to try an experiment where I record a digital clock to verify that indeed this is skipping recording.

Has anyone else seen anything similar to this? I have searched the forums and not seen anything like this, but I may have missed it.
I have attached files showing the setup for the first camera that I noticed this on.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is when your database is being rebuilt. You can change the frequency. The database should be on an ssd for much faster rebuild times.

danlorenzo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I have been trying to sort this out for quite a while.

The new files are on an ssd. The backups are on other disk drives. I will change the frequency to every other day to minimize any disruption.

I thought that I had seen something about 2am in the system, but was stuck on the changeover to/from DST.

Thanks again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I have been trying to sort this out for quite a while.

The new files are on an ssd. The backups are on other disk drives. I will change the frequency to every other day to minimize any disruption.

I thought that I had seen something about 2am in the system, but was stuck on the changeover to/from DST.

Thanks again.
It’s not about where the new files are it’s about where the database folder is so make sure the database folder is stored on the SSD

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Change the rebuild time to when you are most likely to be in so the disruption won’t matter as much. I have mine set to rebuild on Sunday at I think 11am when I am most likely to be home.

danlorenzo

n3wb
Reaction score
Change the rebuild time to when you are most likely to be in so the disruption won’t matter as much. I have mine set to rebuild on Sunday at I think 11am when I am most likely to be home.
That is a good idea. It seems more likely that I would need the recordings of the night time activities than a few minutes during the day.