Blue Iris stopped recording - solved

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Blue Iris suddenly stopped recording. I don't look n my Blue Iris folder unless something has happened. My monitor looked OK and my watch was giving alerts so I assumed all was well. Unfortunately all was not well and it had not recorded a thing for several weeks.

My archive and storage was set to 30GB and it was below this. I also had limit clip age ticked and have been advised to untick it, however that did not solve the problem of Blue Iris not recording.

A clue was clicking the status graph and then clip storage showed something, I think it was alerts, marked in red and with drive J showing a question mark. I don't currently have a drive J.

All my storage was in my documents, maybe this is a problem. Anyway the solution was easy. I went to my main drive, C drive, created a folder Blue Iris with 3 sub folders new stored and alerts and then reconfigured my clips and archiving to point at these 3 folders.

There are some other options marked aux 1, aux 2, these are , as before unconfigured.

re configuring the new, stored and alters paths fixed the problem.

This post is for the benefit of users having the same problem as me. I have fixed it now , but hopefully readers of this post can fix it in less than the hour it took me.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Sometimes, an hour isn't much time at all to track down issues like this. :)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is recommended that you move the \BlueIris\New folder to a different internal drive, not C drive.
If the \BlueIris\New is on the same drive as \BlueIris\Stored , Set the \BlueIris\Stored size to zero (0) and set the \BlueIris\New folder to delete. There is no reason to move files aroun on the same drive..

Also 30 GB is not very much space for recording video.