Blue Iris time?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed the time on the bar of the Blue Iris videos and snapshots varies from the camera time, sometimes by a few minutes, sometimes a few hours. I had version 4.1.5, just updated to 4.1.6 and it made no difference. Where is the time coming from in Blue Iris? I've looked but I must be overlooking it. It occurs on all cameras.

Attachments

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Blue iris time comes from the pc..

Sent via Taptalk

Hmm, strange because my pc time is correct. The cameras are set to sync with pc at the moment. I've tried having them sync with NTP server too, either way the camera times are correct. I've got a few where the time on the Blue Iris bar shows the year 1969.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I just rebooted and now I have the year 1969 in Blue Iris bar on snapshot. I have BI v3 on another pc and it shows time same as cameras. I just looked back and I see the time is off on videos from 3 weeks ago so I guess it's been like this for awhile and I just noticed it. Well this time doesn't show on the videos when viewed from windows media player or other video players so I guess it's not crucial, just weird.

Attachments

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you think this is something I should mention to Ken to see what he thinks? If nobody else is seeing this then I guess it's just my pc. This is Windows 10 but I know a lot of others are using Windows 10 too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think this is something I should mention to Ken to see what he thinks? If nobody else is seeing this then I guess it's just my pc. This is Windows 10 but I know a lot of others are using Windows 10 too.
yes I would send him an email

LuisD

n3wb
Reaction score
I had this happen yesterday, if your PC time is accurate just restart the program see if it updates

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I had this happen yesterday, if your PC time is accurate just restart the program see if it updates
I have restarted program, rebooted pc, just updated to v 4.1.7, no change. I sent email to Blue Iris support to see if he had any ideas of things I should check.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Blue Iris support responded and said they found the problem on this. I was beginning to think it was just me and I was beginning to wonder why the time was even appearing on the bar with the camera name. Maybe most people don't have Blue Iris set to show the camera name in the window since nobody else seemed to be seeing this. I was ready to just ignore it or set it so it wouldn't show the bar with the camera name. Anyway, they found something. Kudos to Blue Iris support. That's the 2nd time I've emailed them about a relatively minor issue and they have been fast to respond.