Blue iris trigger but not alert video

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So sometimes blue iris triggers and sends me a text alert but never records the trigger. Tried using my blue iris app on my iPhone but there isn't any video regarding that trigger. Anyone know how to fix it? It records most of the time I would say but sometimes it does not record, or at least I can't see the video on my app. Any suggestions on what this could be ? Thanks. I thought when it triggers then it should record automatically.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So sometimes blue iris triggers and sends me a text alert but never records the trigger. Tried using my blue iris app on my iPhone but there isn't any video regarding that trigger. Anyone know how to fix it? It records most of the time I would say but sometimes it does not record, or at least I can't see the video on my app. Any suggestions on what this could be ? Thanks. I thought when it triggers then it should record automatically.
can you see the video on your pc? can you see the video in the app if you go to the camera click on the calendar and look at the recorded clips?
If not, then make sure that camera is set to record if triggered, for EACH profile IF you are using more than a single profile.

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yea I can see the clips in calendar and the alerts on the side of the computer but I don't see any alert in the alert section of my blue iris app. Not sure if it's just not connecting or just buffering or sormthing. But I update it and nothing shows up

rantech

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been having the same periodic problem since upgrading from 3.66 to 4. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Ver 4 - didn't work. Then I tried uninstalling both 3 and 4 and reinstalling 4 and then manually re-entering all my system and camera settings. Nothing has fixed the problem. Just a few minutes ago I had a motion trigger. This alert appears in 4.1.5.1 but does not show up in the IOS app - neither on the alert page nor the calendar view of alerts for the camera. The messages page does show the alert. I have spent a ton of time on this but can't resolve the problem.

rantech

n3wb
Reaction score
Version 4.1.6 has just been released this morning and appears to fix these problems!