Blue Iris Trigger Camera Motion alarm

Dan111

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 IPC-HDW5831R-ZE cameras from Andy.

I'm going to start using frigate soon and it will trigger blue iris to record.

Is it possible for frigate to send an mqqt alert to blue iris and then blue iris can send an alarm to the camera itself?

I'm trying to avoid the camera using IVS and picking up anything literally and instead only picking up what it needs to that way there's a slightly higher quality version stored locally on the SD card than what blue iris will have if it was ever needed.

octenani1

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to configure motion detection triggered by the camera and the event recorded by Blue Iris, and NOT the internal Blue iris motion detection. This way BI doesn't have to crank CPU usage when the camera can trigger a motion alert on its own. I have an Amcrest 8MP PoE outdoor 4K turret camera (IP8M-T2499EW-28MM) and the Kodi nox latest version of Blue

Dan111

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to configure motion detection triggered by the camera and the event recorded by Blue Iris, and NOT the internal Blue iris motion detection. This way BI doesn't have to crank CPU usage when the camera can trigger a motion alert on its own. I have an Amcrest 8MP PoE outdoor 4K turret camera (IP8M-T2499EW-28MM) and the Kodi nox latest version of Blue
That would be an Onvif alert. You would turn off motion detector source for triggers. And make sure on the camera side that it's sending Onvif alerts.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
First, you don't need an emulator on the PC. BI has a built-in web interface called UI3. The URL for it, on you local LAN, would be "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:81" where the "x's" are the I address of your BI server.

To get camera triggers you need to enable ONVIF for the camera in the BI settings f the camera. That is in the "video" tab of the camera as shown below. Then you need to set the trigger to use events as triggered by the camera, again as shown below. In the illustration below I'm using both. In your case you would not click on the "Motion Sensor".

ONVIF video.JPG

ONVIF trigger.JPG