Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Android 6 is quite old and likely is the cause of the problem. The only workaround will be to go to UI Settings > Video Player and change the H.264 player to JavaScript. It is less efficient which sucks for a mobile device, but inefficient is better than broken.

Alternatively perhaps you could go to the Digital Zoom section of UI Settings and turn on browser native zoom, that way a totally different zooming method is used when you pinch and it should not be affected by the bug.

MarkusAgustus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Android 6 is quite old and likely is the cause of the problem. The only workaround will be to go to UI Settings > Video Player and change the H.264 player to JavaScript. It is less efficient which sucks for a mobile device, but inefficient is better than broken.

Alternatively perhaps you could go to the Digital Zoom section of UI Settings and turn on browser native zoom, that way a totally different zooming method is used when you pinch and it should not be affected by the bug.
Okay, thank you.

Also, just realized you wrote UI3. Really nice work!

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Sorry to bug. I recently upgraded to UI3 version 241, Blue Iris version: 5.7.7.3 and noticed that group playback in Timeline tab seems to be very choppy. This is playing back a triggered event. At "Go Live", the group view is not choppy.

I am testing on Macbook M2 with Chrome Version 114.0.5735.90 with UI3 H264 player = HTML5

As a sanity test, I reverted back to a previous update: UI3 version 240, Blue Iris version: 5.7.6.7. Recorded event group playback looks smooth in Timeline tab for this version.

Are you seeing this on your side? I'm not sure the problem is with UI3 or BI5.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 Sorry to bug. I recently upgraded to UI3 version 241, Blue Iris version: 5.7.7.3 and noticed that group playback in Timeline tab seems to be very choppy. This is playing back a triggered event. At "Go Live", the group view is not choppy.

I am testing on Macbook M2 with Chrome Version 114.0.5735.90 with UI3 H264 player = HTML5

As a sanity test, I reverted back to a previous update: UI3 version 240, Blue Iris version: 5.7.6.7. Recorded event group playback looks smooth in Timeline tab for this version.

Are you seeing this on your side? I'm not sure the problem is with UI3 or BI5.
Hmm. Maybe. On the latest BI (5.7.7.3) it looks like each camera refreshes at only about one FPS during group timeline streams. It might be only rendering the i-frames. However UI3's status area shows the stream is a steady 30 FPS. Blue Iris encodes all timeline streams at 30 FPS regardless of the camera frame rates, so to me this issue is pretty clearly on Blue Iris's end. It is almost as though I had "limit decoding" enabled for all the cameras, but I don't on my main system. So I recommend you report this bug to BI support.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Enhancement request: Any chance your timeline view can have alert thumbnails on the timeline like shown below? (Screenshot below is a mockup)
timeline.png

It would help me quickly identify alerts of interest when I'm scanning timeline from right to left.
Or maybe at least notate which camera each alert is coming from?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 Enhancement request: Any chance your timeline view can have alert thumbnails on the timeline like shown below?
View attachment 164972

It would help me quickly identify alerts of interest when I'm scanning.
Or maybe at least notate which camera each alert is coming from?
The necessary information to do thumbnails is not available in the timeline data API currently. If you can get Ken to add it, then I will put it on my todo list.

It can be a bit subtle but the timeline does show a little marker on the color bar that has the alert. You can see them in your screenshot above. The color is actually configurable here if you don't like the default brown.

1686065744949.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The necessary information to do thumbnails is not available in the timeline data API currently. If you can get Ken to add it, then I will put it on my todo list.

It can be a bit subtle but the timeline does show a little marker on the color bar that has the alert. You can see them in your screenshot above. The color is actually configurable here if you don't like the default brown.

View attachment 164973
But the "Alert Bar Color" is just 1 color, right? There is currently no way to tell if an alert is from cam1, cam2, etc..., right?

P.S. I'll email BI support about my enhancement request.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But the "Alert Bar Color" is just 1 color, right? There is currently no way to tell if an alert is from cam1, cam2, etc..., right?

The tick mark directly below the human symbol shows you which camera it's from based on the color you assigned to the camera.
Look at the cameras above the timeline to match the color of the line with the camera.

1686068971584.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

As @looney2ns was saying, you can tell which color of camera it was from by looking for the little tick mark below the alert symbol (it isn't always a human if you use AI analytics for example). If you have more than one camera per color then you don't know which of those cameras it was.

1686070422822.png

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I usually use UI3 on my phone and if I'm viewing a single camera I constantly find myself trying to swipe left or right to scroll between the other cameras. Is there a way of enabling that or any chance of adding it?

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I usually use UI3 on my phone and if I'm viewing a single camera I constantly find myself trying to swipe left or right to scroll between the other cameras. Is there a way of enabling that or any chance of adding it?

Thanks
It is not implemented in UI3 currently. I am aware that some people want it so it is on my list.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bp2008

The new Search feature great add. I am only having one issue that Chrome thinks it is a user name field and the password manager is automatically populating the field with my BI user name , is there anyway to fix this.

1686517795992.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 Unbelievable. Web browsers these days have such unbelievably shitty autofill behaviors. They'll gleefully throw user names into the search box, autofill your own credentials into administrative forms for managing other users, and then when you actually have a legitimate login page, it won't autofill, won't offer to remember your password, nothing. The worst part is the behavior is inconsistent. Some people running the same browser get different behavior. I of course did not get any such autofill behavior on the system I developed on!

Please let me know if it continues in UI3-246 which I will release later today.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score