Blue Iris UI3

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But the "Alert Bar Color" is just 1 color, right? There is currently no way to tell if an alert is from cam1, cam2, etc..., right?

P.S. I'll email BI support about my enhancement request.
The tick mark directly below the human symbol shows you which camera it's from based on the color you assigned to the camera.
Look at the cameras above the timeline to match the color of the line with the camera.

1686068971584.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
But the "Alert Bar Color" is just 1 color, right? There is currently no way to tell if an alert is from cam1, cam2, etc..., right?

As @looney2ns was saying, you can tell which color of camera it was from by looking for the little tick mark below the alert symbol (it isn't always a human if you use AI analytics for example). If you have more than one camera per color then you don't know which of those cameras it was.

1686070422822.png

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I usually use UI3 on my phone and if I'm viewing a single camera I constantly find myself trying to swipe left or right to scroll between the other cameras. Is there a way of enabling that or any chance of adding it?

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I usually use UI3 on my phone and if I'm viewing a single camera I constantly find myself trying to swipe left or right to scroll between the other cameras. Is there a way of enabling that or any chance of adding it?

Thanks
It is not implemented in UI3 currently. I am aware that some people want it so it is on my list.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bp2008

The new Search feature great add. I am only having one issue that Chrome thinks it is a user name field and the password manager is automatically populating the field with my BI user name , is there anyway to fix this.

1686517795992.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 Unbelievable. Web browsers these days have such unbelievably shitty autofill behaviors. They'll gleefully throw user names into the search box, autofill your own credentials into administrative forms for managing other users, and then when you actually have a legitimate login page, it won't autofill, won't offer to remember your password, nothing. The worst part is the behavior is inconsistent. Some people running the same browser get different behavior. I of course did not get any such autofill behavior on the system I developed on!

Please let me know if it continues in UI3-246 which I will release later today.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

@actran UI3-247 is included in Blue Iris 5.7.7.11 today and has alert thumbnails in the timeline. The default configuration works about like it does in Blue Iris's local console with the thumbnails only appearing at high zoom levels with a single camera selected, but this is all configurable in UI Settings > Timeline.

Any feedback would be appreciated. The only planned change I have for this is to make it so clicking on a thumbnail causes you to seek to the start of the alert, because I think that would be a lot more useful than the current behavior which is to seek to the exact spot you clicked which is typically past the end of the alert.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 I just tried it. Real cool. Thank you for the follow-up. Timeline experience keeps getting better with your innovation.

Do you have any thoughts about thumbnails in Timeline group view? I know it would be a challenge if there are multiple thumbnails occurring around a given timestamp.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I keep group view thumbnails on for myself, but the default is off because that is the local console's pre-existing behavior and the thumbnails do obscure the color bars a lot, which can be particularly meaningful when you record only on motion detection. On a constant recording system I think I'd want thumbnails to be always enabled to be honest.

The new timeline settings are these (in this pic I have changed the bottom setting from the default):

1686676840752.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 My bad, thanks for pointing out the above group thumbnail option.

I agree, I prefer thumbnails on group view.

BTW, when thumbnails overlap one another, does it make sense to dynamically "pop-up" the desired thumbnail when you hover your mouse over it (especially if the thumbnail is partially covered by another.) ...so you have a better sense of the event before you click on it.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 My bad, thanks for pointing out the above group thumbnail option.

I agree, I prefer thumbnails on group view.

BTW, when thumbnails overlap one another, does it make sense to dynamically "pop-up" the desired thumbnail when you hover your mouse over it (especially if the thumbnail is partially covered by another.) ...so you have a better sense of the event before you click on it.
I like that. I'll make it happen.