Blue Iris UI3

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Loving UI3... thank you. Just installed today and getting the hang of it.

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not urgent. I suggested via form that the new UI allow us to hide inactive cams. I have two cams that are inactive at night but continue to display under UI3. That would be a nice feature, Thanks bp2008 for all your hard work and effort. We really like using the new UI!
I apologize. I found the answer elsewhere. No need for the request. I made the changes to the webcast screen....

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Probably more of a Blue Iris question but I'll give it a go anyway. So I only run 6 cams at about 20% CPU usage, so on my two outdoor cams that face the street I run them at 25fps. Because why the he'll not lol. My other cams I run at 15fps and I may turn down the outdoor cams down after I install a few more cams. Anyway my webcast settings for all groups are limited to 15fps. When I click on an individual outdoor cam in UI3 it tries to display at 25fps. Any way to limit the individual cams, as 15 is plenty for viewing on my tablet and I get the your CPU is not fast enough message on my tablet. I could just lower my fps but just though I would ask. Please no one tell @fenderman as I'm sure he would yell at me and call me an idiot (rightfully so I suppose).

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't see any options for controlling the fps. Where did u find them? You can reduce the bitrate tho, maybe that will help the tablet.
I believe it can be controlled by selecting the group (even the all cameras group) and then clicking the gear icon for settings and then entering the default max fps.
WebcastingFPS.png

Honestly I'm not actually sure it does anything as I believe these are the default settings and I've never changed them.

Well I tested it real quick to 10fps just as a test for my "Top 4" cam group. UI3 is now reporting 10fps . So yep, looks like it works.

D'oh thanks @drunkpenguin, switching to my low bitrate encoder profile (1024kbps) stops the CPU alerts while viewing the cams at 25fps. Not sure why I didn't think of that. I commonly switch to that profile when I'm on a crappy cell connection out in the country. Sometimes the answer is right in front of your face. Thanks!

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe it can be controlled by selecting the group (even the all cameras group) and then clicking the gear icon for settings and then entering the default max fps.
View attachment 25422

Honestly I'm not actually sure it does anything as I believe these are the default settings and I've never changed them.

Well I tested it real quick to 10fps just as a test for my "Top 4" cam group. UI3 is now reporting 10fps . So yep, looks like it works.

D'oh thanks @drunkpenguin, switching to my low bitrate encoder profile (1024kbps) stops the CPU alerts while viewing the cams at 25fps. Not sure why I didn't think of that. I commonly switch to that profile when I'm on a crappy cell connection out in the country. Sometimes the answer is right in front of your face. Thanks!
Regarding framerates.... I just read yesterday in fact on the wiki page for optimizing blue iris.... framerates need to be set on the camera itself. The BlueIris Default max FPS setting seems different... and if you don't have this setting a little larger than the camera setting... it can corrupt your recording files... read the wiki I guess for more info.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Regarding framerates.... I just read yesterday in fact on the wiki page for optimizing blue iris.... framerates need to be set on the camera itself. The BlueIris Default max FPS setting seems different... and if you don't have this setting a little larger than the camera setting... it can corrupt your recording files... read the wiki I guess for more info.
Hi @Revlus,

Indeed frame rate should always be set via the cams GUI. I think you are confusing the max rate setting located under camera properties (right click on the selected cam)>Video> Max. Rate with the Webcasting max FPS settings I was mentioning above. The Max. Rate setting auto adjusts I believe. I've heard it's best to set a few fps higher than your actual fps but I'm not sure it really does anything. I do have mine set this way. The Default max FPS setting I was talking about limits the fps when viewing via the browser (and maybe the app not sure?). For instance when I set the value to 5 for whatever group then that group only streams at 5 fps via UI3.

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah.. roger that. Thanks for clarifying. Just got UI3 going... still learning the options/abilities of each layer, and where the 'right' place is to do certain things.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The group's "Default max FPS" setting only applies to group streams, and individual camera streams can still exceed it. If you need to limit the web UI frame rate for single cameras you must either reduce the frame rate of the source (in the camera's web interface), or configure the user in Blue Iris to have a frame rate limit (Edit user > Bandwidth limit > FPS max). Unfortunately a side-effect of the "Bandwidth limit" feature is that your user will also be limited to only one of the three H.264 streaming profiles (0, 1, 2); the way that works is no matter which profile you choose in UI3 you'll always get the one that is set in the user's bandwidth limit configuration.

I apologize. I found the answer elsewhere. No need for the request. I made the changes to the webcast screen....
I notice that the Android app has a setting for "Hide cameras" with options { "No", "Hidden", "Disabled", "Hidden+Disabled" }. I've never played with it but I suspect that could be useful to add to UI3...

Your question reminded me of that.

Reaction score
FYI, UI3 is running smooth for me on IOS on iphone7 and 8 with all decoder/quality options. When loaded on a Samsung t900 galaxy pro 12 tablet, it works smoothly but has the 3 quality options for jpeg pull only (still much better than ui2)

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOVE UI3! So fast and smooth. Its even better on my phone than the native BI app. Are you planning to do a skin that will be a bit more phone and tablet format friendly? Not expecting anything, just asking since this UI is leaps and bounds better than anything else. Thx!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you planning to do a skin that will be a bit more phone and tablet format friendly? Not expecting anything, just asking since this UI is leaps and bounds better than anything else. Thx!
Nope, I don't have the time or inspiration for that.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@reddn You can launch UI3 URL with ?&maximize=1 on your phone browser if you don't want the left-side and top panels.

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Access to ************.******.*** was denied
You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403

Is there any updates on this problem, dose it in Chrome, Firefox and Ophra, I can't recall a problem with login in IE. I also can not figure out a pattern on when it dose this or why it would be. I can reload the browser a few times and it will allow me to login.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Access to ************.******.*** was denied
You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403

Is there any updates on this problem, dose it in Chrome, Firefox and Ophra, I can't recall a problem with login in IE. I also can not figure out a pattern on when it dose this or why it would be. I can reload the browser a few times and it will allow me to login.
What version of UI3 and BI are you on?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I really have no idea why you get HTTP 403 sometimes. 403 basically means "You aren't authorized to access this". By all means Blue Iris should just be redirecting any unauthorized request to the login page, or sending a 401 response code. 401 is similar to 403, except 401 causes the browser to prompt for a user name and password -- this happens when you have "Secure only" disabled in BI's web server settings.

jmh139

n3wb
Reaction score
I love this, the alerts preview is amazing and saves me quite a bit of time, thanks for all the hard work.

Is there any way to have the screen default to the alerts on the left side when I log in. The PTZ screen comes up on the left and is not something I use as I have no PTZ cameras. I click on alerts at the top and that is the view I am looking for. I was hoping this is just an option I missed somewhere? THX!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I love this, the alerts preview is amazing and saves me quite a bit of time, thanks for all the hard work.

Is there any way to have the screen default to the alerts on the left side when I log in. The PTZ screen comes up on the left and is not something I use as I have no PTZ cameras. I click on alerts at the top and that is the view I am looking for. I was hoping this is just an option I missed somewhere? THX!
Each browser remembers which tab you loaded last and that is the default for the next visit.