Blue Iris UI3

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't think of anything that would cause you to get switched to jpeg mode automatically.
I had this happen again earlier, but I do remember having a Chrome app error when it restored UI3 earlier in the day.

Is it possible that at some point around this error UI3 thinks H.264 isn't supported so elects the jpeg option instead which then gets persisted?

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris already has support for this. I have nothing to do with it.
So should Alexa be working in UI3? If I ask Alexa to turn on a camera, the camera opens to full screen in the BI viewer but not in the UI3 viewer.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I had this happen again earlier, but I do remember having a Chrome app error when it restored UI3 earlier in the day.

Is it possible that at some point around this error UI3 thinks H.264 isn't supported so elects the jpeg option instead which then gets persisted?
Possible I suppose. If UI3 thinks H.264 isn't supported it will assign you a jpeg mode as your new preference, but it will also hide all the H.264 options for as long as the page is loaded. Compatibility is only checked during page load.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So should Alexa be working in UI3? If I ask Alexa to turn on a camera, the camera opens to full screen in the BI viewer but not in the UI3 viewer.
No, that just isn't feasible at this point. It is working as intended when it only affects the local GUI and not mobile apps or web interfaces.

I fell a few versions behind and just updated to 23 today. Not sure when you implemented the animated popups on the clips but that is a great feature! I've been bouncing back and forth between the old and new interfaces since this came out but now I can officially drop UI2. Well done @bp2008
That was just a couple weeks ago. I'm still not happy about how badly it affects playback performance but in the end I don't think most people notice there is a problem.

t_andersen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question to you smart guys. When I run UI3 (wonderful btw), it frequently says that an existing administrator session is open. It is easy to forget to log out, so I imagine that over time, there could be a lot of sessions open. Is there any smart way to manually kill all of these sessions now and then? It doesn't seem good to have plenty of sessions running.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
This doesn't make any sense to me.
Probably had to do with it was a older Dahua bullet that had China hacked firmware.....but we proved that IPCAM viewer was the culprit....never made sense to us ether LOL

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question to you smart guys. When I run UI3 (wonderful btw), it frequently says that an existing administrator session is open. It is easy to forget to log out, so I imagine that over time, there could be a lot of sessions open. Is there any smart way to manually kill all of these sessions now and then? It doesn't seem good to have plenty of sessions running.
Blue Iris kills sessions after 1 minute of inactivity. More likely, you've got anonymous authentication enabled and your anonymous account has admin privilege?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably had to do with it was a older Dahua bullet that had China hacked firmware.....but we proved that IPCAM viewer was the culprit....never made sense to us ether LOL
I think you misread the original problem... IP Camera Viewer would have no interaction with UI3. Indeed your camera has no interaction with UI3 either.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you misread the original problem... IP Camera Viewer would have no interaction with UI3. Indeed your camera has no interaction with UI3 either.
you are correct, I read the first line and knew I had had this happen before...and yes, UI3 was not even involved in my case. Still recovering from too much nog apparently.

micropone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the latest UI3 b23.. any user can start and stop the recording!! just a regular user...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
the latest UI3 b23.. any user can start and stop the recording!! just a regular user...
Are you sure? UI3 won't even send the command to start or stop a recording if your session doesn't have admin privilege. You get shown a small login panel instead. And if the command were to get sent anyway, Blue Iris should be ignoring the command if your session doesn't have admin privilege.

micropone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you sure? UI3 won't even send the command to start or stop a recording if your session doesn't have admin privilege. You get shown a small login panel instead. And if the command were to get sent anyway, Blue Iris should be ignoring the command if your session doesn't have admin privilege.
your right bp2008... I was logged in as a admin.. then I logged out of admin then logged in as a user same browser..i guess it kept admin cookies somehow? I rebooted machine.. started to work.. I also noticed with the groups...

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Possible I suppose. If UI3 thinks H.264 isn't supported it will assign you a jpeg mode as your new preference, but it will also hide all the H.264 options for as long as the page is loaded. Compatibility is only checked during page load.
I am sure the last time I noticed this the Chrome app error was WebGL related and the UI3 page took a couple of goes to reload successfully so that could explain it. Perhaps I should make a test change to retain the preferred streaming option even it it has to be downgraded for one instance, and only update on manual change.

Ideally Chrome shouldn't crash but this is a pain as it can cause me to use way more mobile data when away from home without realising.

LT_Dan

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been on B23 for a few days now... working very well.

One question - is it possible to turn off the time out in settings somewhere or to edit a line of code? I'd prefer for the default behavior of no timeout on the web UI but totally understand the default being a timeout after a given amount of time.

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One question - is it possible to turn off the time out in settings somewhere or to edit a line of code? I'd prefer for the default behavior of no timeout on the web UI but totally understand the default being a timeout after a given amount of time.
In UI settings, General Settings there is a setting for auto close which can be set to 0 to disable.

LT_Dan

n3wb
Reaction score
In UI settings, General Settings there is a setting for auto close which can be set to 0 to disable.
Perfect! Thanks for pointing that out... not sure how I missed it previously.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The line through the speaker icon indicates there is no audio available from the stream. Make sure you have enabled audio for the camera in Blue Iris.
My bad. I was using jpeg best quality, since the places I view the web interface from usually have good bandwidth. Saw another post that mentioned audio and h.264 and that clued me in. Works fine on those streams. Thanks

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not urgent. I suggested via form that the new UI allow us to hide inactive cams. I have two cams that are inactive at night but continue to display under UI3. That would be a nice feature, Thanks bp2008 for all your hard work and effort. We really like using the new UI!