Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
4.7.3.1 is broken, update to 4.7.3.2.
If you still get the beta message, remove /ui3beta from the address bar.

Jeeves

n3wb
Reaction score
@Jeeves your problem has nothing to do with UI3, check my response above.
Not that I know of. You probably changed the authentication method (maybe this happened automatically? I don't know). You need to disable the secure authentication requirement in BI's web server settings in order to pass credentials in a URL.
The setting was "Use secure session keys and login page." I don't recall changing this setting, but I may have. Thank you for the pointer in the right direction.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
WOW!!! How did I miss this until now! Time to donate again!

Has anyone suggested adding the "frame time" to the playback overlay screen - maybe like the clip name? For those of us that use direct to disc and have no camera time overlay, it's difficult to see what the current video time is. I've found turning on "stats for nerds" does show the time, but that's a bit of a work around...

Now I'm off to read 36 pages of posts!!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone suggested adding the "frame time" to the playback overlay screen - maybe like the clip name? For those of us that use direct to disc and have no camera time overlay, it's difficult to see what the current video time is. I've found turning on "stats for nerds" does show the time, but that's a bit of a work around...
Someone else did ask for that recently (in another thread I think). I suppose I could make it optional. It is not as though I've really been restraining myself with all the options I've added to UI3.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I know. I was embarrassed to ask. But, figured if no one does, then it would get overlooked. The only other thing that I long for is the ability to export directly from the browser - like the IE version does with the red record button. DLing the BVR is not particularly share-friendly.

But, I don't want to come across as ungrateful or needy. I LOVE IT! Do you get royalties from Ken? You should!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The only other thing that I long for is the ability to export directly from the browser - like the IE version does with the red record button. DLing the BVR is not particularly share-friendly.
It is on my "wish list". The one Ken has shown no sign of having looked at in the last 6 months :)

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Previously with UI2, you added the ability to show Sunrise and Sunset times as an overlay at the top like this:

Any chance of adding that back in to UI3 either at the top or on the sidebar like this?

Thanks for all of your efforts and successes!

Scott

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks again bp2008!

I should mention that I didn't have a ui3 local-overrides script to past into, but it didn't take too long for me to just try creating a new text file and then copying the script into it and naming it accordingly which worked! I also wanted the text to stand out a bit from the other gray and white text and I looked at my old ui2 local-overrides script (which I'm pretty sure you created for me) and was able to kludge together this line which gave me the yellow text like I had before:

$sunrisesunset.html('<div class="leftBarHeading" style="color:Yellow">Sunrise: ' + GetTimeHoursMinutes(times.sunrise) + '</div><div class="leftBarHeading" style="color:Yellow">Sunset: ' + GetTimeHoursMinutes(times.sunset) + '</div>');

To most people this is probably a child's play but for me never having ever programmed, I was happy that I was able to figure it out on my own. A mini-accomplishment!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Nicely done. Yeah, there is a hell of a learning curve involved with this stuff but many of the smallest parts like changing color are easy! I remember creating the UI2 script, in fact that is what I used as a basis for the UI3 version. You probably recognized the similarities.

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm using UI3 to display the cameras on some TV's around the office. Is there any way to have Full Screen mode activate automatically when the web page is opened?
Each time the PC restarts, I have to login and manually click the full screen option to turn this on.

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm using UI3 to display the cameras on some TV's around the office. Is there any way to have Full Screen mode activate automatically when the web page is opened?
Each time the PC restarts, I have to login and manually click the full screen option to turn this on.

Thanks
No. Browsers don't allow this (otherwise advertising popups, malicious webpages, etc would do it all the time).

UI3 does have a URL parameter documented in its help file you could use to hide the left and top bars when the page loads, but this won't get rid of the browser's menus, address bar, etc. UI3 Help

tophicles

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an issue with the UI3 where the loading icons just spins forever.
Legacy mode works fine.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Try the other Streaming Quality options. Possibly, your H.264 streaming profiles are configured poorly?

tophicles

n3wb
Reaction score
My internet is 300Mbps/100Mpbs so upstream shouldn't be a problem...
It works with "Jpeg Best Quality" - is there a way to set that as a default?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Your encoder options look like they're set to defaults, which is fine (actually pretty low on quality due to the 512 bitrate limit. 1500+ is much better for 720p video).

Which browser (and browser version) are you using which causes this? Have you tried other browsers and/or other client PCs to see if this happens everywhere? The H.264 streaming options aren't supposed to appear in UI3 in the first place in browsers that don't support them, and I think you are the first person to report having it simply not work despite the H.264 options appearing.

UI3 will remember your settings, including the chosen streaming quality, between page loads (but only on a per-browser basis). If you want to override default settings for everyone, see the relevant section of the help file.

tophicles

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried in Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 on mac and windows.
Firefox does not give me the H.264 option, so it works. Only one of my cameras is 720p, so I don't mind the low setting.
I'll try setting it in the file.