Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
24 hours!!!

Okay, so does it become a sub-menu?

Or a single menu item occurring when you right-click on a scrub handle?

For that matter does it even need to be a menu item? I could make it so just right clicking a handle moves it to the current playback position. Of course most people won't naturally discover it unless it is a sub-menu (as in the first picture).

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes! I think that last option is perfect. Best of both worlds. Those with short clips can still use the handle to select that way, while the rest of us with enormous clips can use the buttons to get to a precise spot and right-click to set. Perfect.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Though, how does the user differentiate between start and stop settings? IOW, if I right click, will the red or green handle snap to that point?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Though, how does the user differentiate between start and stop settings? IOW, if I right click, will the red or green handle snap to that point?
The handle which you right-click on will be the one that snaps. Maybe I need different tooltip wording to make this more clear?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can add this script to line 4991 of ui3.js (version 20). This is likely to be the sum total of changes to version 21 if you think that works well enough.

Code:
        $handle.attr('title', 'Right-click handle to set to current playback position');
        $handle.on('contextmenu', function (e)
        {
            self.setPosition(videoPlayer.GetClipPlaybackPositionPercent());
            return false;
        });
It occurs to me most people don't have text editors that show line numbers. Next post has the patched ui3.js file in a zip.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Pure genius... Works PERFECT! Well, until I come up with some other desire ;)

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @bp2008 ,

I just jumped on at version 20 and it looks like I'm having some type of premature stream issues. I think they have meds for that but I'm not too sure.

Here is my version info for both Ui3 and BI. I think I am on the most current of both.

UI3BIinfo.png

I'm using chrome and have tried on VPN and on my local network on various machines and they all get the same error. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss some type of prerequisites? forgive me if I did as I went straight to testing and didn't really read any instructions.

exporterror.png exporterror2.png

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey @Philip Gonzales,
I can't tell from those screenshots alone what happened. Try opening the developer console (CTRL + SHIFT + i) and look in the "Console" tab for the error messages; there may be more detail there. Otherwise if you can set me up with temporary login details for your Blue Iris web server I can log in and take a peek. If that is okay with you, open a conversation with me and send me login details.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Brian, once again I am in awe of your skills. I just upgraded to V21 and it is really great to be able to export a clip and the controls are great. Now a request, can you get UI3 to make bacon, eggs over easy and a toasted, buttered, bagel at, say, 6:30AM every morning?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure @awsum140, just find me a local breakfast diner's web ordering endpoint and I'll see what I can do.

By the way v22 is out now. It just smooths out some rough edges with the error handling that @Philip Gonzales was dealing with, like getting rid of the unnecessary Confirm box when closing the error message box.

The problem turns out to be that bvr files containing H.265 video can't be exported (yet?). I asked Ken if he can fix this. If he can't, I'll just have to write that into the error message with a frowny face.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Great news for those using D2D... Ken pushed out the latest BI update, and it now re-encodes the overlay data into the stream, so playback on either the app or the browser (including UI3) will show the original overlay! WOHOOO!

The only downside I've found so far is that during playback, the overlay tends to glitch/strobe a bit - especially if you're playing at speeds faster than normal (1x) or if you have more than one text string overlay. I've already sent an email to Ken to let him know.

@bp2008, I exported a clip from a D2D camera (which does show overlay when playing back on UI3), but the overlay data does not get put into the AVI. Is that something you might be able to integrate? Yes, I feel guilty for asking...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha well technically yes I could, but then I wouldn't be using the fast export method. The export would take as many seconds as the duration of the selected section, and quality would be reduced to whatever the Streaming 0 profile encodes. Basically it would be like exporting from an H.265 or MP4 clip.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Haha well technically yes I could, but then I wouldn't be using the fast export method. The export would take as many seconds as the duration of the selected section, and quality would be reduced to whatever the Streaming 0 profile encodes. Basically it would be like exporting from an H.265 or MP4 clip.
Well, in that case, I think the way it is, is best. If I really need an export with overlay, I can always do it locally on the console. Really loving this!

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008, for some reason I can't get the export to AVI function to work on my MacBook Pro using Chrome or Firefox.

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 8.24.28 PM.png

The odd thing is that with the exception of the audio player, everything seems to be working in Safari.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is your Chrome version really old? I mean, it says right there that WebGL isn't supported. That is your problem. Something is fishy with your browser, OS, or GPU drivers.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, in that case, I think the way it is, is best. If I really need an export with overlay, I can always do it locally on the console. Really loving this!
Or, you know, you could have your camera embed the timestamp in the stream. :smash: I forget why you aren't doing that. :)