Blue Iris UI3

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is your Chrome version really old? I mean, it says right there that WebGL isn't supported. That is your problem. Something is fishy with your browser, OS, or GPU drivers.
OS is High Sierra Version 10.13.4 and Chrome appears to be up to date.
Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 9.17.09 PM.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not a mac expert so I don't have any other clues why WebGL is not working. Could be a chrome setting that got toggled somehow. I know it works normally on Chrome on Mac.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, I'll keep looking to see if I can figure it out.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Or, you know, you could have your camera embed the timestamp in the stream. :smash: I forget why you aren't doing that. :)
I don't like the DOS 80's-ish fonts. I like the consistency of the overlays, and I like the additional data that is displayed (fps, kbps, CPU, temp, etc). Or maybe it's my OCD...

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it possible to add the ability to export without audio? Right click menu could be handy location:

me.PNG

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to add the ability to export without audio? Right click menu could be handy location:
Yeah, good point, I should wire that up. I'll probably do it as a checkbox or toggle switch of some kind in the bottom bar where the "Begin Export" and "Cancel" buttons are.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@bp2008 - can I toss another one your way? I'm running UI3 on an intelstick (woefully underpowered stick PC) on my MBR TV. It plays find on the my best stream, but I keep getting the orange "your CPU is not fast enough" nag box. Is there a way to turn those off, or have them show up only once per session? This is generally the case for most of the other warnings as well (connection lost, underpowered, slow connection (I think)). It would be nice to have them show only once (or not at all)... Thanks!

joey52685

n3wb
Reaction score
@bp2008 you are amazing! Now that I can export AVI clips directly I will hardly ever have to go to the console on my server directly.

If you and Ken can add a menu to UI3 where I can add cameras and check for server update I'll probably never have to log in to my server directly again.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you and Ken can add a menu to UI3 where I can add cameras and check for server update I'll probably never have to log in to my server directly again.
Haha I know what you mean. Adding cameras is a lot more difficult than it sounds at first though. Tons of configuration goes into that. Remotely updating the server seems like a kind of risky thing to do, too.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 - can I toss another one your way? I'm running UI3 on an intelstick (woefully underpowered stick PC) on my MBR TV. It plays find on the my best stream, but I keep getting the orange "your CPU is not fast enough" nag box. Is there a way to turn those off, or have them show up only once per session? This is generally the case for most of the other warnings as well (connection lost, underpowered, slow connection (I think)). It would be nice to have them show only once (or not at all)... Thanks!
LOL!! :screwy: If you get the CPU is not fast enough message, that means your stream does not play fine. Look in the stats for nerds panel and notice the ever-increasing Player Delay graph. Yeah. The rest of Blue Iris will happily let streams fall behind and pretend everything is fine, but not UI3. UI3 is going to nag at you about the problem until you fix it, and I'm not going to change that.

Likewise if your connection is so unstable that your connection is regularly lost, fix the network, don't just shut off the alarm.

I'm thinking of overhauling the streaming quality settings and introducing an automatic quality downgrade as an alternative to the nag message. Unfortunately UI3 has no way of knowing if there is bandwidth to spare, so it won't be able to automatically upgrade the quality, only downgrade it, so that kind of sucks.

rcnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Good work! One question, how do I add the camera labels now? I can't find it in the settings in UI3.

Also, I saw on someone's imgur screenshot they had the UI filled up wheras ours we have 13 cameras but 3 gaps and not a perfect grid. How do I make the cameras snap to the UI size, like it shows in BI console?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Good work! One question, how do I add the camera labels now? I can't find it in the settings in UI3.
That is not something I am planning to add to UI3.

Also, I saw on someone's imgur screenshot they had the UI filled up wheras ours we have 13 cameras but 3 gaps and not a perfect grid. How do I make the cameras snap to the UI size, like it shows in BI console?
Tweak the frame size here and you might be able to get a better fit.

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You really should make the info about changing the stream res and picture a sticky.

Maybe make it your signature..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Do people read stickies? I don't read stickies! You're right though, I could link it in the signature. I just don't know what I'd name it. There are too many reasons to look in that group options panel.

rcnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks.

Oh no, no labels? I really need them, as UI3 is running on a number of big displays around a work site and it helps to identify the zone. What is the reasoning behind not including them?

Is there any way I can do it with a local script?

RobF

n3wb
Reaction score
@bp2008 Loving what you are doing with this! It's making the remote access useful!!

A question which may have been asked before. Is it possible to add the ability to talk back to a camera? I have a cam that has a speaker and I can talk through the cam using the BI app on my tablet. Is it possible to add something like that to UI3?

Just curious and thinking out loud.

Keep up the amazing work!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Oh no, no labels? I really need them, as UI3 is running on a number of big displays around a work site and it helps to identify the zone. What is the reasoning behind not including them?

Is there any way I can do it with a local script?
It was in UI2 but not in UI3 because I wanted to keep UI3 more focused on the core experience and not be bursting at the seams with buttons and features. Smaller apps are less work to build and maintain. That is really all there is to it. Though honestly I feel like every patch takes UI3 further from that simplicity I wanted.

Thing is, I believe you are the first person to ask to have this feature in UI3, and it has been in public beta on this forum since November. There are other development priorities which would be useful for more people, not to mention things that I am personally more interested in having than labels.

Is it good enough for people to just right click on a camera to see its name in the context menu?

While camera labels are something you could technically achieve with a local script, it would require programming experience and a great deal of knowledge of the inner workings of UI3.

@bp2008 Loving what you are doing with this! It's making the remote access useful!!

A question which may have been asked before. Is it possible to add the ability to talk back to a camera? I have a cam that has a speaker and I can talk through the cam using the BI app on my tablet. Is it possible to add something like that to UI3?

Just curious and thinking out loud.

Keep up the amazing work!
Sadly, no. Web browsers do have one or two ways to upload an audio stream to a server but none of those ways are supported by Blue Iris, and trust me, getting Ken to implement new protocols in the web server is not going to happen.

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to give you a heads up.

The Resolution settings in the Main Settings-> Web Server, now works. I just tested it on a profile and viewing a single camera, and I get the right Res.

Only issue there is and not sure if its chrome or UI3, is that when I turn off the resize and view a single 4K camera, I get the you cpu isnt fast enough message. At 1920 x 1080 it works 100% fine.

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Loving the quality now that the Web Server Resolution works.

I would like to make a suggestion if it is at all possible.

Now I can get better res single cam views the quality looks great and getting good frame rates (on 1600x900). But when playing back I don't need that high res and it does struggle a little when scrubbing etc. Is it at all possible to have the stream settings separate between live view and playback modes? Playback is working great in 1280x720 for me when I change the stream, but when I go back to live view I have to change the stream again to get the better quality. Having these settings separate would be a perfect balance.