Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@rkn Alright. Indeed the method used to play those sound effects is prevented from working, but the method used to play camera audio is not. Silly browsers. Version 47 should be ready tonight and it will fix that problem to the best of my ability.

It sounds like they'd consider it a bug that HTML5 audio elements can play audio without user input as long as a web audio context played audio first, so I'm not going to rely on that workaround ;)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
bp2008/ui3
To install releases from github, download the release zip and extract it to Blue Iris 4/www, overwriting all files.

Version 47
  • Improved support for media autoplay restrictions that may be imposed by web browsers.
  • If event-triggered sounds are configured but autoplay restrictions would prevent them from playing, UI3 will now prompt the user to click anywhere to finish the loading process. The click should lift the autoplay restriction for the session.
  • A new option in the "Video Player" section can enable the full-page warning overlay when camera audio is unable to play due to autoplay restrictions.

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the continued development!

Question: can I make UI3 auto open to full screen? I have an autologin windows 7 user with a task schedule to open UI3 but I would love for it to auto full screen live view without having to click the bottom right. Any way to do it? Thanks, Andrew

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Browsers won't let a page request full-screen mode except in response to a button click, but you may be able to find a way to start the browser on a specific URL in fullscreen mode via command-line arguments or a browser extension. Also, check UI3's help file, URL Parameters section, to find out how to start UI3 with the top and side bars hidden if you want.

lb88

n3wb
Reaction score
Make a shortcut to chrome and add "--start-fullscreen" to the end of the shortcut like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --start-fullscreen. put it in the startup folder and your good to go

Firefox makes it a bit harder and the only way i was able to do it was with a script i found online but it would only default to the primary monitor which was a problem for me.

Last edited:

Dave D

n3wb
Reaction score
First of all, thank you for your hard work, love this interface. Could I make a feature request?

I searched for this on the forums and I cannot seem to find a similar request:

When playing back a clip or an alert, could you provide more playback controls at the bottom of the screen that would allow us to increase/decrease speed and direction of the playback? I know these controls are accessible currently, but when trying to pinpoint a certain area of the clip, having to click through to get to the controls (especially reverse) is difficult.

Thank you!

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First of all, thank you for your hard work, love this interface. Could I make a feature request?

I searched for this on the forums and I cannot seem to find a similar request:

When playing back a clip or an alert, could you provide more playback controls at the bottom of the screen that would allow us to increase/decrease speed and direction of the playback? I know these controls are accessible currently, but when trying to pinpoint a certain area of the clip, having to click through to get to the controls (especially reverse) is difficult.

Thank you!
Check the keyboard shortcut keys in the help. The backspace key will reverse direction and the [ and ] keys change playback speed. I find the keyboard much faster than mousing around. Maybe from the DOS days.

Dave D

n3wb
Reaction score
Check the keyboard shortcut keys in the help. The backspace key will reverse direction and the [ and ] keys change playback speed. I find the keyboard much faster than mousing around. Maybe from the DOS days.
Thank you very much! I guess I should have RTFM :)

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just popping in here to say how awesome this utility is. I rarely go into BI itself with this. Especially the alert/clip review. SO much faster and the clip PREVIEW...fantastic!

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was going to mention this but thought there must be a good reason. ....and it's not something I use much. Maybe I'll use more often if working as expected.
Thanks again bp2008!!!

lb88

n3wb
Reaction score
Double click to full screen is having issues in Firefox. I can get out of it but not into it using this method. Chrome / Edge does not have this issue.

UI3 version 47, Blue Iris version: 4.7.6.10

edit: I'm also getting a problem with Firefox taking snapshots. There is either a delay or it does not load at all and errors out. Tried both javascript and html5

Last edited:

genoze

n3wb
Reaction score
The Blue Iris web interface has gotten a refresh!

UI3 comes with Blue Iris 4.7.3 or newer, first released April 20, 2018. It should be the default web interface in all browsers except Internet Explorer. If it isn't coming up, you can load it manually by opening this path in your web browser, replacing xxxxxx with your Blue Iris server's IP address or host name and port number if necessary.

Code:
http://xxxxxx/ui3.htm
Hint
Because UI3 uses some relatively new web APIs, not all browsers can run all the features. The best experience is in Chrome. Next best I'd say is Opera. Then perhaps Safari (on Mac). Microsoft Edge and Firefox have HTML5 streaming issues and are not recommended. If you want to try Firefox anyway, turn on the dom.streams.enabled and javascript.options.streams settings in about:config, otherwise you will be limited to jpeg streaming modes with no audio.

UI3 works quite well on Android (in Chrome), but many features are missing on iOS due to Apple's restrictions placed on browsers.

Special Thanks
My thanks go out to everyone who helped beta-test this UI, and also to @ruppmeister who created the original visual design and layout of this UI. He also created most of the icons used within.

Q & A
Some questions I have received, and their answers:

Q: Can you add the ability to delete a clip?
A: No, because that ability is already there! It is in a context menu. Right click on a clip, or long-press if using a touchscreen. Hint: You can hold CTRL and/or SHIFT when clicking clips to select multiple and delete them all at once!

Q: The "preset reference image" is really a nice feature and I applaud you on that. Would it be possible to have a daytime pic and night time pic stored so that time of day would determine which "preset reference image" displayed?
A: Possible, yes, but it won't happen. I can think of too many reasons why this wouldn't work well. 1) The UI doesn't know if it is day or night. 2) You'd have to assign each preset once during the day and once at night. 3) Too confusing.

Q: It would be nice if there was update available notifications like there is in ui2.
A: This UI is released as part of Blue Iris, so any updates to the UI are obtained just by updating Blue Iris. Therefore I don't think an update notification system is necessary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People won't stop asking how to donate.

Nobody has to donate. All my custom Blue Iris pages are and always will be free. Seriously folks, put your money toward more cameras or a CPU upgrade or something.

If you really can't help but give me some of your money, use this link:

Pay Brian Pearce using PayPal.Me
The Blue Iris web interface has gotten a refresh!

UI3 comes with Blue Iris 4.7.3 or newer, first released April 20, 2018. It should be the default web interface in all browsers except Internet Explorer. If it isn't coming up, you can load it manually by opening this path in your web browser, replacing xxxxxx with your Blue Iris server's IP address or host name and port number if necessary.

Code:
http://xxxxxx/ui3.htm
Hint
Because UI3 uses some relatively new web APIs, not all browsers can run all the features. The best experience is in Chrome. Next best I'd say is Opera. Then perhaps Safari (on Mac). Microsoft Edge and Firefox have HTML5 streaming issues and are not recommended. If you want to try Firefox anyway, turn on the dom.streams.enabled and javascript.options.streams settings in about:config, otherwise you will be limited to jpeg streaming modes with no audio.

UI3 works quite well on Android (in Chrome), but many features are missing on iOS due to Apple's restrictions placed on browsers.

Special Thanks
My thanks go out to everyone who helped beta-test this UI, and also to @ruppmeister who created the original visual design and layout of this UI. He also created most of the icons used within.

Q & A
Some questions I have received, and their answers:

Q: Can you add the ability to delete a clip?
A: No, because that ability is already there! It is in a context menu. Right click on a clip, or long-press if using a touchscreen. Hint: You can hold CTRL and/or SHIFT when clicking clips to select multiple and delete them all at once!

Q: The "preset reference image" is really a nice feature and I applaud you on that. Would it be possible to have a daytime pic and night time pic stored so that time of day would determine which "preset reference image" displayed?
A: Possible, yes, but it won't happen. I can think of too many reasons why this wouldn't work well. 1) The UI doesn't know if it is day or night. 2) You'd have to assign each preset once during the day and once at night. 3) Too confusing.

Q: It would be nice if there was update available notifications like there is in ui2.
A: This UI is released as part of Blue Iris, so any updates to the UI are obtained just by updating Blue Iris. Therefore I don't think an update notification system is necessary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People won't stop asking how to donate.

Nobody has to donate. All my custom Blue Iris pages are and always will be free. Seriously folks, put your money toward more cameras or a CPU upgrade or something.

If you really can't help but give me some of your money, use this link:

Pay Brian Pearce using PayPal.Me

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
bp2008/ui3
To install releases from github, download the release zip and extract it to Blue Iris 4/www, overwriting all files.

Version 48
  • Fixed a bug introduced in version Version 38 where Reverse Playback caused the player to seek to the end in many cases where it should not.

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated blueiris today and got the UI3. It is pretty cool!

Any chance making the left panel collapsible? would be useful for mobile view

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get better performance with UI2 though... 5 to 6 fps in UI3 vs 8 to 9 FPS on UI2

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I updated blueiris today and got the UI3. It is pretty cool!

Any chance making the left panel collapsible? would be useful for mobile view
Hi. I'm glad you like it.

Try the fullscreen button in the lower right, or the startup parameter "maximize=1" as noted in the help file: UI3 Help

I get better performance with UI2 though... 5 to 6 fps in UI3 vs 8 to 9 FPS on UI2
In most cases, UI3 performs the same or better, but there are a few cases where you'll see a lower FPS reading in UI3 than you did in UI2.

Case 1) On a high-DPI display, UI3 will request higher-resolution Jpeg frames than UI2 by default. This usually results in a lower frame rate. The most common reason for this to happen is people loading UI3 in Internet Explorer or Firefox, which only support Jpeg streaming. Switch to Chrome or Opera for the best results; they support H.264 streaming which is much faster.

Case 2) If you're already streaming H.264 in UI3 then it is a safe bet that you are getting the maximum frame rate supported by the source, and the default frame rate limit for groups is only 5 FPS! In this case, UI2 often exceeds 5 FPS only by loading duplicate copies of some of the frames. Jpeg streaming mode doesn't know any better.

You can increase the frame rate limit for group streams here: