Blue Iris UI3

social26

n3wb
Reaction score
Not broken for me in .51

If you changed your web server path after you installed the update, then BI probably installed UI3 to your alternate location.
Just about to re-run the .51 update.exe and right before I pointed the www back to its default folder, and restarted the service just in case. Guess what, UI3 works fine now, I renamed the UI3 github file folder to make sure. It still works.

Owkaye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wonder how, or is it even possible, to keep the video playback controls visible at the bottom of the camera image area? They keep disappearing after a few seconds, then I have to move the mouse to bring them back before I can use them again. I use these controls a lot while reviewing clips, so having them disappear constantly is somewhat frustrating.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way to have UI3 just play a chime for certain masked areas in motion detection?
Has anyone been able to install speakers on their Raspberry PI3 B+?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there a way to have UI3 just play a chime for certain masked areas in motion detection?
Has anyone been able to install speakers on their Raspberry PI3 B+?
Has to be the same as my PI3, no? Either use HDMI to a monitor with speakers (that's what I do), use the speaker plug, or use Bluetooth speakers...

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has to be the same as my PI3, no? Either use HDMI to a monitor with speakers (that's what I do), use the speaker plug, or use Bluetooth speakers...
Nice. It doesn't need any drivers or controls to make the sound? How are you able to add the sound alerts for masked off areas. I don't want the entire sidewalk and just front door to make chiming noise.

Bluetooth speaker sounds like a good idea.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how, or is it even possible, to keep the video playback controls visible at the bottom of the camera image area? They keep disappearing after a few seconds, then I have to move the mouse to bring them back before I can use them again. I use these controls a lot while reviewing clips, so having them disappear constantly is somewhat frustrating.
Yes, go to UI Settings (top right corner) > Extra (near the bottom) > Playback Controls: Always Visible

No, there isn't.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Nice. It doesn't need any drivers or controls to make the sound? How are you able to add the sound alerts for masked off areas. I don't want the entire sidewalk and just front door to make chiming noise.

Bluetooth speaker sounds like a good idea.
Nope, no drivers or controls, it just works. You configure the alert to play whatever you want. If you mask off areas, it'll only play that alert when the area that is being monitored is triggered. (Is that what you're asking?)

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, no drivers or controls, it just works. You configure the alert to play whatever you want. If you mask off areas, it'll only play that alert when the are that is being monitored is triggered. (Is that what you're asking?)
Motion detection: I have that working great and masked off.
But I only want 1 certain area of the masked off motion detection to play alert through speakers but not entire area or it would give a lot of alerts we don't care to hear but do want to see on video when we play back.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Motion detection: I have that working great and masked off.
But I only want 1 certain area of the masked off motion detection to play alert through speakers but not entire area or it would give a lot of alerts we don't care to hear but do want to see on video when we play back.
To do what you're wanting, clone the camera and have it set up to play an alert for the area that you want...

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To do what you're wanting, clone the camera and have it set up to play an alert for the area that you want...
I have to look into cloning

Can't you just make a profile that alerts on a dedicated zone defined for this?
yes that sounds like a good idea. so in ui3 i can just select for example profile 3 that has sounds that will play in that certain area? How do you get sound to play is there an option in bi?

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Easy peasy... Add a new camera. Import the settings from the current camera. Set up the particular area you want an alert sounded for. Set up the alert sound. Done...
Ok thanks. I don't think cloning would matter or help in this case.
Setting a new profile I think makes sense. So made new profile for just 1 area to be motioned and then added sound alert with new profile.

It is odd as it says on UI3: "webcasting may not be enabled for some of your camera groups" but they seem to all have them enabled when went through all groups.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. Makes much more sense when told :)

Last edited:

Owkaye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I click the 'download' icon for a particular clip or event, the downloaded file has a .bvr suffix, but my Ubuntu computer doesn't know how to play it. Does anyone here know which Ubuntu Linux program I should associate with this file type so I can play them locally?

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
iu3 really needs its own forum section. It deserves it.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I don't think cloning would matter or help in this case.
Setting a new profile I think makes sense. So made new profile for just 1 area to be motioned and then added sound alert with new profile.
Ah, ok. I wasn't sure exactly what you wanted. I presumed (never assume! ;) ) that you wanted to keep your normal alerts going for that camera sans alert sounds, while still having an alert sound for a specific area. That's why I suggested cloning. :)

Owkaye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I click the 'download' icon for a particular clip or event, the downloaded file has a .bvr suffix, but my Ubuntu computer doesn't know how to play it. Does anyone here know which Ubuntu Linux program I should associate with this file type so I can play them locally?
Export as .avi. BVR files are for Blue Iris.
Only one problem, I cannot find an "Export as AVI" setting in UI3. Of course I could have missed it, but if there isn't one in UI3, is there one in BI5 that would determine the download format while using UI3?