Blue Iris UI3

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to capture an image?

I pause the recording and then click on the camera. I then get 2 options, crop to snap or capture full screen. I want neither. All I want is to capture the whole picture and nothing else. It used to do this but now does not. I have searched in vain for a setting)s) that control this but have found nothing.

Also, when I try to crop it zooms in which is not what I want.

TIA

R4nger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to bypass the login page so I can allow access to a sub directory?

bugsysiegals

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to have the UI3 cycle through selected cameras rather than all? Also, I've a few groups I created to group front, side, and back of house together which now causes cycle all cameras to only cycle through these groups instead of individual cameras ... not sure why it won't cycle individual cameras as I cant see the groups very well when far away from the screen.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bugsysiegals If you enable the auto-cycle stream for any particular group, you can choose that cycle stream in UI3. You can also prevent specific groups from appearing in the "All cameras" cycle, in theory. Both settings are found here:

R4nger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the latest blue iris version 5.2.7.4 and on ui3 version 110.

I have 4 physical cameras and 2 channels per camera (8 in total). The first one is used to record continuously and the second one is used to record on trigger to a NAS.

When using ui3, it shows the hidden camera recording on trigger to the NAS from the drop down menus but on the live feed, it will use the main "sub (second)" feed.

I would like it to display the main feed on ui3 and not the hidden camera feeds, is this possible?

All the best,

R4nger

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure I understand how you have configured things. If you are using Blue Iris's new sub stream capability, then no, you can't currently see the main stream in UI3, at least as of 5.2.7.3. I haven't tried UI3 on a cam with a sub stream since then.

R4nger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not sure I understand how you have configured things. If you are using Blue Iris's new sub stream capability, then no, you can't currently see the main stream in UI3, at least as of 5.2.7.3. I haven't tried UI3 on a cam with a sub stream since then.
It's mainly the fact that I can't select the main cameras from the drop down menu (main or sub) even though they use the new sub feed feature. I can only select the hidden cameras
I can display all 8 camera feeds if I select "include hidden cameras" in blue iris.

I can try to explain more if needed.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I understand what you are talking about now.

The Current Group dropdown list contains these types of item:

1) Groups that have webcasting enabled
2) Group cycle streams
3) Individual cameras that are not part of the webcasted groups.

Your "main feed" camera instances are not marked as hidden, therefore they are part of the "All cameras" group, therefore they are not shown in the dropdown list. In UI3 you are intended to select individual cameras by clicking on them within a camera group stream. Those dropdown lists only provide a way to access streams that can't be reached any other way.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Could any one tell me how to I set the default streaming quality. I've tried changing it to what I want and then copying ui3-local-overrides.js and putting it in the BI www/ui3 folder but every time I clear my cookies it defaults back to what it was.

Unrelated but is anyone having the page lock up in Firefox and even a refresh or Ctrl 5 won't unlock it?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Could any one tell me how to I set the default streaming quality. I've tried changing it to what I want and then copying ui3-local-overrides.js and putting it in the BI www/ui3 folder but every time I clear my cookies it defaults back to what it was.
Look in your ui3-local-overrides.js file that you put in the ui3 folder and search it for ui3_streamingQuality and see what the value is. I'm guessing it isn't set how you want it to be.

Edit: Never mind. I tested and it is broken. I'll fix this for the next UI3 update.

Edit #2: Never mind. It was the browser cache. Clear your browser cache if the value in ui3-local-overrides.js is correct.

Unrelated but is anyone having the page lock up in Firefox and even a refresh or Ctrl 5 won't unlock it?
Nope, Firefox still works okay for me. Better than usual, even. Can you screenshot your UI3 video player settings?

It is Chrome I have trouble with now. On my fairly midrange Windows tablet, zooming in on the video causes it to bog down with highly elevated memory usage. I updated its GPU driver last night and it worked properly intermittently but is back to being trash, and it definitely isn't caused by a recent BI or UI3 update.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Look in your ui3-local-overrides.js file that you put in the ui3 folder and search it for ui3_streamingQuality and see what the value is. I'm guessing it isn't set how you want it to be.

Edit: Never mind. I tested and it is broken. I'll fix this for the next UI3 update.

Edit #2: Never mind. It was the browser cache. Clear your browser cache if the value in ui3-local-overrides.js is correct.

Nope, Firefox still works okay for me. Better than usual, even. Can you screenshot your UI3 video player settings?

It is Chrome I have trouble with now. On my fairly midrange Windows tablet, zooming in on the video causes it to bog down with highly elevated memory usage. I updated its GPU driver last night and it worked properly intermittently but is back to being trash, and it definitely isn't caused by a recent BI or UI3 update.
C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\www\ui3
OverrideDefaultSetting("ui3_streamingQuality", "2160p^", true, false, 1);

But when I open firefox it opens in 1080p VBR. On this and any other computer either on the lan or wan.

Looking at the file should it be a text file when its saved?

EDIT- Solved that was it, it was saving as a text file.

Last edited:

cusinmark

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just upgraded from BI4 to BI5, sorted sub stream, CPU 52% down to 7%, very happy.
i used with BI4, browser not finding ui3 site cant be reached on BI5.
Also unable to reach server with phone app.
not sure how to sort, help would be great.

cusinmark

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for reply. The root path at the moment is C:\Program File\Blue Iris 5\www Virtual /. I have changed the root path to Blue Iris 5/www, restarted BI, site cant be reached.

cusinmark

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank You. Ive made an exception for TCP port 81, but still not working. I have two BI servers running on my home network, would they be conflicting? (but i had BI5 and BI4 running ok with no problems.) Is there anything else i could try?