Blue Iris UI3

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I looked in that little know panel area to solve this and couldn't find anything. I also know you worked hard to get the auto maximize feature integrated. While I appreciate the maximize on trigger or alert, but find it far too distracting. Is there a way to disable that feature? (I know, there's one in every crowd)
In UI3, Bottom right corner of the window, left of the gear icon and maximize window icon. When hover over it, it will popup and explain it's useage.

Last edited:

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bp2008
Thanks for that, that is a way to fix the annoyance. I not have the main "Webcast Audio" off and on on the two cameras with audio. This gives me the ability to view all the cameras with out hearing all the cameras over each other. Could there be an option in UI3 that would allow you yo mute specific cameras on the main view page? I would beleive not, and that this is probobly going to be acheived through BI, but maybe.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Could there be an option in UI3 that would allow you yo mute specific cameras on the main view page? I would beleive not, and that this is probobly going to be acheived through BI, but maybe.
That is not within Blue Iris's capabilities at the moment. Blue Iris mixes together the multiple audio streams into one audio stream and UI3 doesn't get to ask for specific cameras to be heard or muted.

boyessen

n3wb
Reaction score
automaximize.png

I enjoy this new Auto-Maximize option, but my wife does NOT. Is there a way to disable the "Auto-Maximize"?
I have the option to select Trigger/Motion from drop down, but I don't see a way to disable it.
It looks like the blue icon would be a clickable button to toggle, but no such luck.

VirtualCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible to do auto-login with UI3? I want to put a bookmark in the startup folder so a browser opens up right to a page when Windows starts up, but it's still pausing on the browser basic auth login box. I searched back through the 150 pages and it looks like it's possible, but couldn't quite figure out how. I don't want to put an anonymous login configuration on the server as the computer is in a public area of the house and I don't want the account having admin access to the server.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@VirtualCam

Yes, but you need to check the box "Use secure session keys and login page" in Blue Iris Settings > Web server > Advanced. This will disable basic auth and redirect you do the login page instead when necessary. That login page has the option to remember your credentials. Right-click the "log in automatically" checkbox to find a hidden setting to remove the auto login delay if you want.

You can also configure anonymous access but configure the "Anonymous" account to have limited privilege.

VirtualCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@VirtualCam

Yes, but you need to check the box "Use secure session keys and login page" in Blue Iris Settings > Web server > Advanced. This will disable basic auth and redirect you do the login page instead when necessary. That login page has the option to remember your credentials. Right-click the "log in automatically" checkbox to find a hidden setting to remove the auto login delay if you want.
That seemed to do the trick, thank you!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@atmelton This is probably complaining about invalid JSON encoding. That has happened a number of times because Blue Iris does not use a proper JSON serialization library. If we can find out exactly what the problem was, we can tell Blue Iris support and he can fix it.

Try opening the browser's developer console and get the full error message out of the console. ctrl + shift + i should open it.

atmelton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@atmelton This is probably complaining about invalid JSON encoding. That has happened a number of times because Blue Iris does not use a proper JSON serialization library. If we can find out exactly what the problem was, we can tell Blue Iris support and he can fix it.

Try opening the browser's developer console and get the full error message out of the console. ctrl + shift + i should open it.

@bp2008 Thanks for the help.

Here is a screenshot of the developer console. I also recently upgraded BI to the latest version and changed to the Non-LAN Only settings on the web server tab.

EDIT: After seeing the console messages state something about missing cookies I deleted the cookies from my browser and tried it again. It seems to have cleared the error.

Attachments

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@atmelton I'm glad clearing your cookies fixed it, because the cause of the failure is a mystery to me. The error message it was printing is nonsensical because your login clearly had just succeeded.

If you load any other web applications from the same host name (e.g. via a different port number), they can interfere with each other's cookies, local storage, etc.

Anyway I deleted your screenshot because your BI license key was in the login response.

atmelton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@atmelton I'm glad clearing your cookies fixed it, because the cause of the failure is a mystery to me. The error message it was printing is nonsensical because your login clearly had just succeeded.

If you load any other web applications from the same host name (e.g. via a different port number), they can interfere with each other's cookies, local storage, etc.

Anyway I deleted your screenshot because your BI license key was in the login response.

Thanks for deleting the screenshot @bp2008. I did not realize that was there. I have not had any more issues since deleting teh cookies so it seems to be resolved.

VirtualCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I get that same JSON error when I log in with an account that has admin privileges. If I use an account that has more restricted rights, I don't get that error.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any way to use UI3 from an external pc that connects to its own vpn?

For example, I have a work laptop that has a mobile hotspot that I use to connect to the internet, and that the connects to the work VPN.

I use OpenVPN to get into BI on my network from an external non-work source. Can I still use OpenVPN if my work pc already connects to a vpn by default? Can I access my BI from this pc via UI3?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way to use UI3 from an external pc that connects to its own vpn?

For example, I have a work laptop that has a mobile hotspot that I use to connect to the internet, and that the connects to the work VPN.

I use OpenVPN to get into BI on my network from an external non-work source. Can I still use OpenVPN if my work pc already connects to a vpn by default? Can I access my BI from this pc via UI3?
Depends on your VPN configuration and network configuration, but it should be possible to connect to two VPNs at once and access resources on both networks.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Depends on your VPN configuration and network configuration, but it should be possible to connect to two VPNs at once and access resources on both networks.
Thank you @bp2008. I would assume I just need a cert file on my work pc then? Would I need to download any OpenVPN software to the pc? (Sorry, not super well versed with vpn connections).