Blue Iris UI3

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 how does the UI3 dynamic layout work in BI 5.5+? When viewing a group of cameras, it appears to still be a composite stream rendered by BI rather than multiple individual camera streams, but if I resize the browser window the layout changes. Does UI3 send the window resolution (or aspect ratio?) back to BI to adjust the layout accordingly? At any rate, it works well! Thanks.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
many new functions group layouts.... now you can add "Auto Maximize" when "Person" or a cinfirmed alert with AI / Deepstack ?
On every tigger i get a Maximize picture ...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is difficult because the current method used to know when to maximize a camera does not provide details related to AI.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
OK, great. I think I follow that. So the internet side NIC on the BI computer would get it's IP info and subnet from the router via DHCP. Since the second NIC is not connected to a router (only to the POE camera switch), do I set the camera subnet within the NIC IPv4 properties like this:
View attachment 95721

If so, do I leave the default gateway blank?
How do the cameras get their IP now? Do I set a static IP in each camera's configuration settings?

Thanks again for all of your help.
Well, it took me a while (life got in the way) but I finally got around to adding the second ethernet card and getting all 20 of my cameras moved over to the new private LAN and separate poe switch. I want to thank everyone here for helping guide me through this. I hope that I can contribute too and help others here in the future.

However, I do have one issue that I had not planned for regarding the move to the new private LAN. So I have two LANs now, we'll say a primary LAN (192.168.100.x) and the new IP camera LAN (192.168.200.x). The problem is. that I also had another computer running some specialized software to create timelapse movies of the sky and clouds from 4 of my weather cameras (now currently on the 200.x LAN). I use a second computer to do this because of the high CPU usage needed to crunch literally thousands of images into time lapse movies every hour. The software on the other computer (IP Timelapse) needs to have the IP of each of the 4 cameras to be able to pull an image every 15 seconds and create a movie at the top of every hour. Obviously since those cameras can now only be directly accessed by the BI computer with 2 ethernet cards, I can no longer pull those static images using that software from the other computer. I know Blue Iris can pull static images too and create timelapse movies, although I haven't had success when trying to get that configured. So my question is, is there a setting or configuration I can do on either or both of the BI and time lapse computers that will allow the timelapse computer to retrieve those static jpgs from the private LAN? I'm obviously not a network guy but I can follow instructions.

Again, thanks in advance for your help here.
In case you're interested in the timelapse movies, you can see them here but they stopped today at 2 PM when I finished the switch over to the private LAN. hello world

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, it took me a while (life got in the way) but I finally got around to adding the second ethernet card and getting all 20 of my cameras moved over to the new private LAN and separate poe switch. I want to thank everyone here for helping guide me through this. I hope that I can contribute too and help others here in the future.

However, I do have one issue that I had not planned for regarding the move to the new private LAN. So I have two LANs now, we'll say a primary LAN (192.168.100.x) and the new IP camera LAN (192.168.200.x). The problem is. that I also had another computer running some specialized software to create timelapse movies of the sky and clouds from 4 of my weather cameras (now currently on the 200.x LAN). I use a second computer to do this because of the high CPU usage needed to crunch literally thousands of images into time lapse movies every hour. The software on the other computer (IP Timelapse) needs to have the IP of each of the 4 cameras to be able to pull an image every 15 seconds and create a movie at the top of every hour. Obviously since those cameras can now only be directly accessed by the BI computer with 2 ethernet cards, I can no longer pull those static images using that software from the other computer. I know Blue Iris can pull static images too and create timelapse movies, although I haven't had success when trying to get that configured. So my question is, is there a setting or configuration I can do on either or both of the BI and time lapse computers that will allow the timelapse computer to retrieve those static jpgs from the private LAN? I'm obviously not a network guy but I can follow instructions.

Again, thanks in advance for your help here.
In case you're interested in the timelapse movies, you can see them here but they stopped today at 2 PM when I finished the switch over to the private LAN. hello world
Add a second NIC to the timelapse computer?

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hmmm. So if I do that, I'm guessing that I would set it on the same 192.168.200.x LAN and plug the other end of the ethernet cable into the POE switch as well? Is that right?

My time lapse computer is a laptop but I'll see if there is a way to add another ethernet port (maybe through USB?).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm. So if I do that, I'm guessing that I would set it on the same 192.168.200.x LAN and plug the other end of the ethernet cable into the POE switch as well? Is that right?

My time lapse computer is a laptop but I'll see if there is a way to add another ethernet port (maybe through USB?).
Depending on the data needs, you could use the wifi of the laptop as the second NIC. I would probably ethernet the cameras into the computer and wifi the timelapse out.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Yup. That's the idea.

I'd avoid wireless if at all possible.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yup. That's the idea.

I'd avoid wireless if at all possible.
Yep, since the movies tend to be 50MB to 100MB, I'd prefer to not use the wifi as my second network source. So, I ordered a USB to ethernet adapter and it should be here tomorrow. I'll let you know if that solves the problem. Thanks!

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I just upgraded(?) to 5.5.0.15 and have a little problem in UI3. I wanted to single frame a camera so I clicked on it as usual. Problem is a different camera went full screen. Check the others and the same thing happened, got a different camera. Then I noticed a pattern in that it sort of seemed the next camera, if that makes sense, was the one that went to full screen. A little more experimentation and I found that the click area is physically shifted. If I click in the wasted space next to a camera on the right edge it will display. Further checking on the left side shows the same behavior, click outside in the wasted space area and the desired camera will display. It's as if the scale for the click to full screen is still as it would be if the entire screen were being used to display cameras rather than the wasted space especially on the left and right.

likeaw

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded to 5.5.0.15 (9/21/2021) and was able to connect to web server with a computer on the same network. However, when I tried to use openVPN on my android phone, the chrome browser gave me a timeout error and was unable to connect. Not sure why and did not try to troubleshoot further. The error would say adjust timeout in UI3 settings. Reverted back to 5.4.9.18 (8/9/2021) and everything works again. Will stay with the stable version for now.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I just tried UI3 through the cell network, Brave for a browser, and it connected right away on 5.5.0.15.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So my question is, is there a setting or configuration I can do on either or both of the BI and time lapse computers that will allow the timelapse computer to retrieve those static jpgs from the private LAN? I'm obviously not a network guy but I can follow instructions.
Windows can proxy arbitrary TCP connections using the IP Helper service, but it must be configured on the command line and isn't very user-friendly. You definitely need to know a thing or two about networks and how your app is connecting to the cameras already.

Example:
Code:
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=11081 connectaddress=192.168.0.10 connectport=81 listenaddress=0.0.0.0 protocol=tcp
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=11082 connectaddress=10.10.10.4 connectport=80 listenaddress=0.0.0.0 protocol=tcp
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=11083 connectaddress=10.10.10.5 connectport=80 listenaddress=0.0.0.0 protocol=tcp
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=11085 connectaddress=10.10.10.25 connectport=81 listenaddress=0.0.0.0 protocol=tcp
To delete all proxied ports:
Code:
netsh interface portproxy reset
To show all proxied ports:
Code:
netsh interface portproxy show all

I just upgraded(?) to 5.5.0.15 and have a little problem in UI3. I wanted to single frame a camera so I clicked on it as usual. Problem is a different camera went full screen. Check the others and the same thing happened, got a different camera. Then I noticed a pattern in that it sort of seemed the next camera, if that makes sense, was the one that went to full screen. A little more experimentation and I found that the click area is physically shifted. If I click in the wasted space next to a camera on the right edge it will display. Further checking on the left side shows the same behavior, click outside in the wasted space area and the desired camera will display. It's as if the scale for the click to full screen is still as it would be if the entire screen were being used to display cameras rather than the wasted space especially on the left and right.
I thought all those issues were fixed last week. Can you tell me which streaming profile you were using? Also, you can use CTRL + L to toggle on UI3's camera labels and this will show you visually where UI3 thinks each camera frame is.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is difficult because the current method used to know when to maximize a camera does not provide details related to AI.
okay can i use a direct link to ui3? I can tigger a cam with a UI3 direct Link to maximize ? Maybe switch Current Group with a direct Link ??
I must control 2-3 tablets.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@bp2008 The problem, apparently, was related to the install of 5.5.0.15 and not rebooting this craptop. Clicking on the camera produces the correct camera in full screen as of this morning. Weird though that it happened like that. A little more detail, I had been on 4.18 for a little while and went right to 0.15 so maybe that was the problem, UI3 thought it was seeing the feed from 4.18 while displaying the feed from 0.15. Just a guess, but it seems logical.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Updated to 5.5.0.15 and now UI3 doesn't work at all.

Screenshot from 2021-09-23 12-27-19.png

Still troubleshooting.

EDIT : Rolled it back a notch and now it's working again. Problem is with 5.5.0.15.

Last edited: