Blue Iris UI3

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, since the movies tend to be 50MB to 100MB, I'd prefer to not use the wifi as my second network source. So, I ordered a USB to ethernet adapter and it should be here tomorrow. I'll let you know if that solves the problem. Thanks!
Once again, forum members helped me out! I got a USB to ethernet adapter for my laptop ($14) and now everything is back up and running as it should be and my time lapse computer is pulling the images just fine. Thank you all for your help!

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've just updated to 5.5.1.2 / UI3 v172.

All devices running fine except an old iPad. I've cleared all browsing data and restarted the device but still displays the same message. UI3 will not load beyond this.

IMG_3750.jpg

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll see about making it happen! Follow this issue if you want to keep track of when this is completed.
bp2008,

Thanks for working on my enhancement request. I just loaded version 177 which as I understand should complete this enhancement. The clip preview animation works fine but the static image and the alert property is still low-res.

I think you are using the thumbs for the image, if you change to alerts it will use a hi-res image.

1633713414760.png

Another enhancement request is to add the ability to adjust the speed of the clip preview animation.

Thanks
Mike

1633712727340.png
1633713139358.png

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@MikeLud1

Version 178
  • Removed setting "Preview clips at native resolution" because it didn't work as intended.
  • Alerts with a Hi-res JPEG available are now previewed at native resolution in the mouseover popup and in the alert properties dialog.
  • Added setting "No preview animation for alerts with Hi-res JPEG" so that deepstack tags can be inspected in mouseover popups without having to disable the preview animations globally.
  • Added settings to configure clip preview speed and number of frames:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1

Version 178
  • Removed setting "Preview clips at native resolution" because it didn't work as intended.
  • Alerts with a Hi-res JPEG available are now previewed at native resolution in the mouseover popup and in the alert properties dialog.
  • Added setting "No preview animation for alerts with Hi-res JPEG" so that deepstack tags can be inspected in mouseover popups without having to disable the preview animations globally.
  • Added settings to configure clip preview speed and number of frames:
bp2008,

Thanks again for the quick turnaround

Mike

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, I was running Ubunto Stretch on my Pi 3 and for some reason, I quit getting sound when running UI3 in the browser (sound works with everything else in the browser). Knowing that my version of Ubunto was old, I figured I'd just go to the latest Pi version and see if that, alone, would fix the sound. Many hours later (slow slow slow connection) and it was up and running. Yep, sound works.

Now I have a new problem (maybe an older one too, but the last I looked it was ok). When I select a cam to go full frame, it always full frames the wrong cam. I've tried everything I can think with no good results. This works correctly on my three tablets and our computers, so... I must be missing something with Ubunto. Can anyone running linux give me a clue?

DSteiNeuro

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I was running Ubunto Stretch on my Pi 3 and for some reason, I quit getting sound when running UI3 in the browser (sound works with everything else in the browser). Knowing that my version of Ubunto was old, I figured I'd just go to the latest Pi version and see if that, alone, would fix the sound. Many hours later (slow slow slow connection) and it was up and running. Yep, sound works.

Now I have a new problem (maybe an older one too, but the last I looked it was ok). When I select a cam to go full frame, it always full frames the wrong cam. I've tried everything I can think with no good results. This works correctly on my three tablets and our computers, so... I must be missing something with Ubunto. Can anyone running linux give me a clue?
I had this also on Windows. Not sure exactly what I did to fix it but went back into the BI and reset the group settings

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

I guess you were probably using an older UI3 release. UI3-161 added FLAC audio support, enabled by default, but in some browsers it fails to decode and this wasn't handled properly until UI3-169 which should correctly reset your audio codec to old-reliable ulaw.

Also starting with UI3-164, Blue Iris started creating dynamic group layouts that try to fit UI3's browser window, and this introduced a lot of new opportunities for UI3 to be wrong about the locations of the cameras in the group video stream. If the "wrong camera opens" bug is consistent on a particular machine and you have the latest Blue Iris release, I'd like to hear more about it. Possibly you've encountered a bug I am not aware of.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm running the latest BI release (5.5.1.6). I've tried different groups and the only group it consistently gets the correct camera opened is on the group with only two camera. Even the group that has only four camera has the wrong cam opened. The group I normally have running on the Ubunto box has 20 cams on it. It's funny because no matter which cam I attempt to open, it always opens a different one. What info are you looking for? Once again, it's only the PI 3 that has this issue, every other device gets it right...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Spent the morning upgrading Chromium (default Ubunto browser). Heh, now I only get JPEG, so no sound. BUT, the correct camera opens. It won't let me grab Chrome, don't ask me... So, I'm currently grabbing Firefox (will take a while). We'll see how it goes.

Come on Starlink, pick me!! :p

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
And there it is! Ok, JIK anyone else is/will be going through this with a Raspberry Pi: Old version of Chromium supports sound but cams don't open up properly. New version of Chromium is JPEG only (no sound) but cams open up properly. EVERYTHING works correctly with Firefox.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Ssayer My best guess is that recent versions of Chromium are simply buggy on the pi. It could reporting mouse coordinates incorrectly, or it could be rendering the video at the wrong scale or wrong position so that is misaligned with the click handling script.

New version of Chromium is JPEG only (no sound) but cams open up properly.
Can you screenshot UI3's "About" window in this Chromium version? Several feature detection failures get reported there, which could reveal what exactly prevents H.264 from being supported.

If you can, also open the dev tools (F12 OR ctrl + shift + i) to the Console tab and reload the page so you capture all the console output, and screenshot that as well.