Blue Iris UI3

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am loving the ui3 that I now have working. I have been trying to figure out one thing though. I have cameras in several groups and want to monitor live only one of the groups. I can do this but haven't figures out how to scroll only the one group. I can scroll all groups only. Am I missing something. Thanks for any input

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Have an issue when playing clips with direct-to-wire enabled (see screenshot). The video doesn't appear to switch to the main stream. If I pick another profile without DTW it plays back fine. All my cameras are running H264. I also have no problem just viewing the cameras with DTW enabled.

View attachment 132221

Edit: Nevermind, I missed number 5 previously
5. Direct to wire is not used for clips (yet?) and possibly never will be used for timeline.
Yeah I just tested with the latest BI release and Ken didn't make it work for clips yet it seems.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am loving the ui3 that I now have working. I have been trying to figure out one thing though. I have cameras in several groups and want to monitor live only one of the groups. I can do this but haven't figures out how to scroll only the one group. I can scroll all groups only. Am I missing something. Thanks for any input
What do you mean by "scroll"?

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah I just tested with the latest BI release and Ken didn't make it work for clips yet it seems.
Thanks. Not looking for clips but I would like to view live feed on cycle for only one group of several. Hope this helps. Thanks. It took me awhile to get everything working but I am very happy despite the $$$. 11 cameras total. Returned all of the Reolink as they couldn't figure out how to time sync on a LAN. Everything was delayed . Going all Dahua. Some have said they are not very good but my take is they work quite well at the 4mp resoltion especially with the larger sensor. More megapixels on smaller sensor not as good in my opinion. Thanks for your hard work to make this an awesome product. Spent $$ on other tech support to get network properly configured and keep hoping to be in final stages but I think there is a lot more yet to do

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Not looking for clips but I would like to view live feed on cycle for only one group of several. Hope this helps. Thanks.
In Blue Iris's local console, if you choose that group in the dropdown at the top, and click the gear icon next to the dropdown box, you can "Enable camera auto-cycle stream". Then in UI3 you will see "groupname cycle" as one of the options in the Current Group dropdown. Is that what you were looking for?

Returned all of the Reolink as they couldn't figure out how to time sync on a LAN. Everything was delayed .
Yes, for sure. They don't let you enter an NTP server address. They make you choose from a small pre-programmed list! I believe what I ended up doing with my brother's reolinks was I programmed the router's DNS server to override the result for one of the domain names so it pointed at my local NTP server instead. Such a ridiculous workaround. Thank goodness I had moved him over to pfsense because most routers don't let you override DNS records like that. LOL.

1656689635176.png

Now that I mention it, I'm not even 100% certain that I configured DNS appropriately for the cameras to be able to access the router's DNS server. They're on a subnet without internet access, you see... One of the reolinks is 7 seconds off, but the other is spot-on. So I'm not sure now.

Last edited:

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In Blue Iris's local console, if you choose that group in the dropdown at the top, and click the gear icon next to the dropdown box, you can "Enable camera auto-cycle stream". Then in UI3 you will see "groupname cycle" as one of the options in the Current Group dropdown. Is that what you were looking for?

Yes, for sure. They don't let you enter an NTP server address. They make you choose from a small pre-programmed list! I believe what I ended up doing with my brother's reolinks was I programmed the router's DNS server to override the result for one of the domain names so it pointed at my local NTP server instead. Such a ridiculous workaround. Thank goodness I had moved him over to pfsense because most routers don't let you override DNS records like that. LOL.

View attachment 132263

Now that I mention it, I'm not even 100% certain that I configured DNS appropriately for the cameras to be able to access the router's DNS server. They're on a subnet without internet access, you see... One of the reolinks is 7 seconds off, but the other is spot-on. So I'm not sure now.

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks so much. This is certainly a process but I keep getting closer. Works flawlessly not. Just as hoped

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So now I am working on getting alerts for critical areas with people at night. Mostly only interested in very specific locations. In testing, I get push notifications to my iphone but the tone is delayed. I do not have the best coverage where I live so if it goes thru the carrier vs wifi it will never work well. Not too interested in the Amazon Echo as it seems like it must be connected to the internet.

Does anyone have a good solution that only use the LAN for notifications. I haven't been able to decifer all of the options available such as MQQT and IO. Are these the answer or is there something easier?

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can try pushover notifications. It's what I use and the slowest I've seen is 5 seconds. This thread has all the details on how to set it up.

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So now I am working on getting alerts for critical areas with people at night. Mostly only interested in very specific locations. In testing, I get push notifications to my iphone but the tone is delayed. I do not have the best coverage where I live so if it goes thru the carrier vs wifi it will never work well. Not too interested in the Amazon Echo as it seems like it must be connected to the internet.

Does anyone have a good solution that only use the LAN for notifications. I haven't been able to decifer all of the options available a
You can try pushover notifications. It's what I use and the slowest I've seen is 5 seconds. This thread has all the details on how to set it up.
Thanks. Like I figured another process to figure out. Hope it works. All this brainpower will at least hopefully delay the onset of Alzheimers

Likely will be back as I configure for additional input

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Does anyone have a good solution that only use the LAN for notifications. I haven't been able to decifer all of the options available a

Thanks. Like I figured another process to figure out. Hope it works. All this brainpower will at least hopefully delay the onset of Alzheimers

Likely will be back as I configure for additional input
Stuck trying to run Curl in CMD window. Can't get out of C:\Users\Ric probably because I don't know what I am doing. I have confirmed there is a Curl.exe in window\system32.

Below is the argument and the CMD entry with response

C:\Users\Ric>C:\WINDOWS\system32>curl.exe -s --form-string #token=auvz2fkjskbsx5twfdyoe71h1zojzc" --form-string "user=uk9by8i2xpk8w7gtqx4bpjk4o7qewa" --form-string "message=camry" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=riphone" --form-string "sound=long_siren2" -F "attachment=@D:\BlueIris\Alerts\&ALERT_PATH"
'C:\WINDOWS\system32' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'ALERT_PATH"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\Ric>C:\windows\system32
'C:\windows\system32' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32> from the command. You don't need to specify the location of curl, since Windows\system32 is part of the PATH variable :)

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ran the following with no success and also got a popup, attached

C:\Users\Ric>curl.exe -s --form-string #token=auvz2fkjskbsx5twfdyoe71h1zojzc" --form-string "user=uk9by8i2xpk8w7gtqx4bpjk4o7qewa" --form-string "message=camry" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=riphone" --form-string "sound=long_siren2" -F "attachment=@D:\BlueIris\Alerts\&ALERT_PATH"
Access is denied.

Attachments

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On another note I am running the sunrise/sunset app and just saw the following.

6/27/2022 11:49:28 AM DahuaSunriseSunset 1.9.0.0 Service OnStart
6/27/2022 11:49:28 AM TriggerSunriseActions
6/27/2022 11:49:49 AM Exception thrown attempting web request (): Unable to connect to the remote server
6/27/2022 7:50:57 PM TriggerSunsetActions
6/28/2022 7:35:17 AM TriggerSunriseActions
6/28/2022 8:53:22 AM DahuaSunriseSunset 1.9.0.0 Service OnStart
6/28/2022 8:53:23 AM TriggerSunriseActions
6/28/2022 7:50:57 PM TriggerSunsetActions
6/29/2022 7:35:41 AM TriggerSunriseActions
6/29/2022 7:50:56 PM TriggerSunsetActions
6/30/2022 7:36:06 AM TriggerSunriseActions
6/30/2022 7:50:53 PM TriggerSunsetActions
7/1/2022 7:36:33 AM TriggerSunriseActions
7/1/2022 3:46:45 PM DahuaSunriseSunset 1.9.0.0 Service OnStart
7/1/2022 3:46:45 PM TriggerSunriseActions
7/1/2022 7:50:48 PM TriggerSunsetActions
7/2/2022 7:37:00 AM TriggerSunriseActions
7/2/2022 6:42:21 PM DahuaSunriseSunset 1.9.0.0 Service OnStart
7/2/2022 6:42:22 PM TriggerSunriseActions
7/2/2022 7:50:42 PM TriggerSunsetActions
7/2/2022 8:13:30 PM DahuaSunriseSunset 1.9.0.0 Service OnStart
7/2/2022 8:13:31 PM TriggerSunsetActions
7/2/2022 8:13:52 PM Exception thrown attempting web request (): Unable to connect to the remote server
7/3/2022 7:37:30 AM TriggerSunriseActions
7/3/2022 7:50:34 PM TriggerSunsetActions
7/4/2022 7:38:00 AM TriggerSunriseActions

It would seem that it is working however I am not sure what the "exceptions" indicate. I need to log in to camera and see if it is changing daily

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It would appear to me that the day/night times in the profile management bar are exactly in the same spot as when I started this app. Is there another place that this will show updated.

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ran the following with no success and also got a popup, attached

C:\Users\Ric>curl.exe -s --form-string #token=auvz2fkjskbsx5twfdyoe71h1zojzc" --form-string "user=uk9by8i2xpk8w7gtqx4bpjk4o7qewa" --form-string "message=camry" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=riphone" --form-string "sound=long_siren2" -F "attachment=@D:\BlueIris\Alerts\&ALERT_PATH"
Access is denied.
You have a # sign instead of a quotes in front of the word token (see above). I also never could get the test alerts within blueiris to work. I just walked outside or manually triggered the camera to test it.

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Made changes and corrected what I thought I had as an error in the path at end also. New script

-s --form-string "token=auvz2fkjskbsx5twfdyoe71h1zojzc" --form-string "user=uk9by8i2xpk8w7gtqx4bpjk4o7qewa" --form-string "message=camry" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=riphone" --form-string "sound=long_siren2" -F "attachment=@D:\Alerts"

Also are photos of all of the BI settings.

Still no alarm. Works through Pushover website so that part is correct

Attachments

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure you have set "Add to alert list" to "Hi-res JPEG files" in the Triger tab of each camera. Also the mobile device within Blue Iris only affects push notifications to the BlueIris app (iOS or Android), nothing to do with curl.exe or any other script notification.

trigger.png