Blue Iris Update Error

Cheezy

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like 4.3.9.2 is out now. Going to try updating with this and see if it can resolve this problem without deleting all my settings and cameras.
I also got "The Application was unable to start correctly(0x000007b) Click OK to close the application." after I allowed Blue Iris to update. I tried to run the above mentioned update, but get "Application path not found - - please run the software before attempting to update it."
So I can't run Blue Iris, and I can't run the patch because Blue Iris is not running.
Brilliant.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also got "The Application was unable to start correctly(0x000007b) Click OK to close the application." after I allowed Blue Iris to update. I tried to run the above mentioned update, but get "Application path not found - - please run the software before attempting to update it."
So I can't run Blue Iris, and I can't run the patch because Blue Iris is not running.
Brilliant.
Did you download the update from the website?

sandstone

n3wb
Reaction score
I also got "The Application was unable to start correctly(0x000007b) Click OK to close the application." Haven't tried running the update yet.

Reaction score
Thanks Dolsey taking the time to help. Awesome. 4.3.7.1 works for me. It promted me for the latest update ... of course I said no! Hopefully BI will get the word and send a "fixed" update.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Excellent. Update did it for me as well, all good. Update appears to be marked as 4.0.100.1190

So, once they renew my license since it expired/lapsed due to re-installing the program, I'll be good.

Reaction score
I was also a victim of latest update. I ended up loosing my whole setup trying to recover; my fault for not being backed up properly. Reverted to 4.0.6.0 for the time being.

WHS 2011 x64

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're not the only one Andromeda.... ;) Don't feel bad.

The new update seems a bit odd. Pretty choppy.... sigh

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, after I got everything settled down, 4.3.9.2 was choppy and pausing here and there. So.. I uninstalled, and re-installed 4.3.9.0 which PREVIOUSLY worked fine, Now it's also somewhat choppy and the erratic pause/jump... Wondering if I'm missing something :-/

Betsy1965

n3wb
Reaction score
I've gone to check to see whether there are any updates (which I do a couple of times per week) and having installed the new update and gone to launch BI, I get an error message which states "The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc000007b). Click OK to close the application"

Any ideas what this is and has anybody else suffered with this problem?
I started seeing the same issue today. I had to revert back to Blue Iris 3 to view my cameras. I tried reinstalling Blue Iris 4 with no success.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The newest release that is available seems to be working, with some glitches that some have mentioned.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.3.9.2 fixed the error for me, in that I can now open Blue Iris. The choppiness, I actually noticed immediately BEFORE updating to 4.3.9.1 (so on 4.3.9.0). A restart of the computer fixed the choppiness on 4.3.9.0. Just in case, I set a scheduled task to reboot every 24 hours, just in case this is a leaking problem.

EDIT: Never mind, the choppiness is now endemic in all of my recordings. Bleh

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check to see if the frame rate for each cam is the same in BI as it is set in the camera. The auto-framerate adjustment in BI is causing choppiness in my case.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check to see if the frame rate for each cam is the same in BI as it is set in the camera. The auto-framerate adjustment in BI is causing choppiness in my case.
Setting the max frame rate to my night motion mode seems to have worked in getting rid of the choppiness, but my cameras drop their max frame rate from 20 to 8 FPS when it's dark, so this isn't a permanent solution, unfortunately. I think I'm going to sit out future updates for a week or two after release, since every single update since I've bought BI has messed up something, which the next update always fixes (and promptly breaks something else, and so on).

Last edited by a moderator:

DanLins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just bought my single cam license today, and when it updated, it now gives me a, "Cam 1: No Signal" message for a few seconds at random times. Tried changing the FPS, above and below 10, nothing seems to stop this. Even when the message is up, the stream is still showing the image on my pc.

Windows 10, 64 bit, home user, single Avacom H5080W camera (1280 x 720)

Will rolling back to yesterdays version help with this?

Thanks,

Dan

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, likely.... I was sitting here myself messing with settings on my cams trying to get past this stuttering. It's working of on most cams, but I have one particular older hikvision that is doing the exact thing that only it was doing last year and was remedied. lol... It pauses after a few seconds and jumps ahead. Even the clock stops. You'll see a car/person go by, it just stops, then the car/person is gone. Took a lot to fix it last time. Gave Ken access to my server and cams. He figured it out.

I really want to roll back but I'm afraid I'll whack my license again. Better to do it on a day he can reset it haha.

hotbrass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So is it safe to update? I am running release 4.3.8.0 w32.