Blue Iris update file

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When BI downloads an update file where does it put it? I assume the file name would include the word "update" or the update version number.

So, if you later wanted to roll back to previous version you would just delete the update file, and replace it with an older one?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When BI downloads an update file where does it put it? I assume the file name would include the word "update" or the update version number.

So, if you later wanted to roll back to previous version you would just delete the update file, and replace it with an older one?
Use the website to download and update...this way you always have all the update files.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use the website to download and update...this way you always have all the update files.
So you are saying the update from the website is handled differently than the letting the BI program do the update? I was under the impression that doing an update just added one file to the program and it could be found and identified. And removed if roll back needed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So you are saying the update from the website is handled differently than the letting the BI program do the update? I was under the impression that doing an update just added one file to the program and it could be found and identified. And removed if roll back needed.
No I'm saying if you do it from the site you can easily save it