Blue Iris Updates (64 bit)

Blue Iris Updates - Official Thread 5.9.0.2

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the code to bot check for updates need any updates? Reason I ask is that in another forum there is mention of an update but nothing here?

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does the code to bot check for updates need any updates? Reason I ask is that in another forum there is mention of an update but nothing here?
I was starting to wonder the same thing: yesterday I happened to open my BI console and noticed that an update was available (5.7.8). I didn't install it yet, as I was waiting for feedback on this forum, but I also noticed that the automated bot message didn't pick it up either.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was starting to wonder the same thing: yesterday I happened to open my BI console and noticed that an update was available (5.7.8). I didn't install it yet, as I was waiting for feedback on this forum, but I also noticed that the automated bot message didn't pick it up either.
It looks like the update was pulled before the bot could check. If you download the update from the BI website it will be 7.18 even though it says 5.7.8 on the update page

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It looks like the update was pulled before the bot could check. If you download the update from the BI website it will be 7.18 even though it says 5.7.8 on the update page
I managed to download it before it was pulled.
If you want to "read ahead", attached is the latest Help PDF, which has a new section (p.87) on the new static object analysis feature.

Attachments

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This question might be obvious, but I could not find the answer very easily.

Am I correct, that to update my version of BI 5 (5.6.6.1 x64), I need to first purchase one of the three tiers of support plan from BI ( After that, I can chose from here the version to run?

[option one $40/one year; option two $35/one year but automatic renew (price likely goes up every year though); option three $100 for priority support + updates]

If so, what is the recommended latest stable version?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This question might be obvious, but I could not find the answer very easily.

Am I correct, that to update my version of BI 5 (5.6.6.1 x64), I need to first purchase one of the three tiers of support plan from BI ( After that, I can chose from here the version to run?

[option one $40/one year; option two $35/one year but automatic renew (price likely goes up every year though); option three $100 for priority support + updates]

If so, what is the recommended latest stable version?
If your support has ran out, which you can see the status on the about screen, then yes you need a valid support plan to update to version's that came out after you plan expired.
You can see the stable versions listed in the when you click update, and choose there.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
any idea what is up with the $29.95 / year statement of cost, but $34.95/year charge? It doesn't appear to be tax. I didn't take a screen capture, but found it odd.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
any idea what is up with the $29.95 / year statement of cost, but $34.95/year charge? It doesn't appear to be tax. I didn't take a screen capture, but found it odd.
The 29.95 was the old price... Both of those plans are now $5 more

TheMoose

n3wb
Reaction score
If your support has ran out, which you can see the status on the about screen, then yes you need a valid support plan to update to version's that came out after you plan expired.
You can see the stable versions listed in the when you click update, and choose there.
How does one get the updates if your BI instance is firewalled off from the internet?

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yesterday I subscribed and paid for another year of the "maintenance plan". Somewhere during the process it notes it could take 24 hours? My past experience has been more like 10 minutes to get the key emailed to me. Just wondering if anyone that has recently renewed has a similar wait time (yes, I am a type A, LOL).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure the system is automated, but who can say how robust the backend system is or how well it detects/reports failures. So if you haven't received the support/maintenance key yet and you have already checked your spam filter, then I suggest you contact Blue Iris support. If they consider it annoying to receive emails about that, then they should quite frankly make the maintenance renewal system more robust.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It will work even if I don't buy the maintenance plan?
You are allowed to run any BI version that is released before your support plan's expiration date. If your support plan expires and the next day a BI patch comes out, you won't be able to run the new patch without BI reverting to evaluation mode.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is anyone running BI 5.8.0.7 with CP 2.2.4 ?
Yes, I am and it works fine, My test box has all the latest beta's and early releases pushed to it and tested for a while then I update everything else if stable