Blue Iris Updates (64 bit)

Blue Iris Updates - Official Thread 5.8.8.12

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can confirm, .9 is a memory hog. Runs up to 13GB (98%) after a few hours and crashes. Repeats this several times per day. Rolled back to .6 and it is working fine. Sent note to Ken.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
With .9, I can't even open up BI. It opens and it crashes. I had to do a Windows Restore, to get it back. Tried two times, and it's still the same.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just heard back from Ken who says he's not received any other emails about memory issues. I let him know that the problem resolves when I downgrade to .6.

Is anyone else experiencing extreme memory usage?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm on .9 and memory has been creeping up steadily all day. Started at about 2GB this morning and is now well over 6GB. I'll let it go tonightand see what it looks like in the morning.

Parramacca

n3wb
Reaction score
Whatever todays update is it has killed my install.. tried re-install of windows fresh install, import the reg file and it crashes, wont load past the splash screen from there. Trying from a macrium backup now from last week.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Just restore Windows to an earlier date.
I have upgraded to Windows 11(on an unsupported pc), and the ui3 images are crystal clear now, not pixelated as before.

Parramacca

n3wb
Reaction score
Just restore Windows to an earlier date.
I have upgraded to Windows 11(on an unsupported pc), and the ui3 images are crystal clear now, not pixelated as before.
For some reason the windows restore point feature wasnt active from default install.. anyway the macrium restore has got me back up, currently on 5.5.1.5 and will leave this for now. There was a windows 10 update run just just prior to it all heading south so not sure if this caused it also.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you guys not set options to only download the update and then manually install? That is what I have always been doing, this way you have all the updates and makes it easier to go back to a previous version.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would admit to having fiddled with lots of settings all at the same time but now the DS additional image trigger analysis settings for my cameras are being ignored and the new "every x seconds" times that I have not set are doubled up. I don't have dark or customs. Anybody got an idea what setting I've screwed up please?

Repeated analysis.png

Parramacca

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you guys not set options to only download the update and then manually install? That is what I have always been doing, this way you have all the updates and makes it easier to go back to a previous version.
Yes I have that setting but how do you roll back when the app wont even load?.. happened again for me today with the lastest update 5.5.1.11 below btw - reverting to the snapshot backup yet again and avoiding any updates until these issues are sorted.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Memory management does seem better, so far, on .11 but there is another quirk that popped up. Anyone else notice that once you double click and single view a camera that double click won't take it back to the normal multicam view ? I've been using the good old escape key sin I updated to .11

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I have that setting but how do you roll back when the app wont even load?.. happened again for me today with the lastest update 5.5.1.11 below btw - reverting to the snapshot backup yet again and avoiding any updates until these issues are sorted.
Locate the update you want to roll back to in the BI Updates folder and double-click it to install?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Anybody else notice that with this latest updates, all my clone cams now have a yellow exclamation mark against them and they are no longer triggering on BI motion.

This is on my separate test system, had a good look around and the clones are all highlighted in Red within the Camera status page and also appear with a red border within the mobile app. Double-clicking the clone and I can see that it is showing the sub and switching to the main stream fine but BI seems to think there is no stream according to the Ref?

Couldn't really establish what the exact problem was as I ran out of time and had to get back to work :)