Blue Iris URL for TinyCam Pro on Android?

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For some reason, I am having a very difficult time getting this to work. I moved all of my IP Cameras (mixture of Dahua and HikVision) to their own VLAN, so they are intentionally isolated from my main network. So, my only recourse from the perspective of my Nvidia Shield with TinyCam Pro installed, is to go to my Blue Iris PC. It has 1 network card on my main network, and one on my camera network.

It seems impossible to get it to work if I have the Secure Login checkbox checked under the Webserver tab of BI. I really don't think I want to do that because then UI3 gives me a goofy popup login box instead of the nicer built in login page. Even with that Secure Login checkbox unchecked, I still can't get it to work.

Anyone else get this to work and have some pointers?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why are you not just using the blue iris web interface (UI3) to look at the cameras ?
Have you set up a VPN to access the home network?
Why are you not using the Android blue iris app.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is all while I am at home, so the VPN is out of the picture. And yes, I do use a VPN when I am out of the house.

Because, frankly, the web browser options on the Nvidia Shield really suck hard. I have checked the Play Store and not been impressed with anything I have found. It does not seem that the popular browsers (Firefox, Chrome, etc) are available on this platform. How can Chrome not be available on a Google platform? Unless I am just missing it somewhere.