Blue Iris used up

rk99

n3wb
Reaction score
I've used it for years until I had to replace my pc. My blue Iris software that I purchased in good fath apparently sensed my new computer and would require a reset. The folks at Blue Iris told me it was too old to reset and that I would have to buy it again. Two things bother me about this:
1. Your Blue Iris software communicates back to the originator who can turn it off when he wants to sell a new version.
2. We don't know what else it is communicating in the background.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've used it for years until I had to replace my pc. My blue Iris software that I purchased in good fath apparently sensed my new computer and would require a reset. The folks at Blue Iris told me it was too old to reset and that I would have to buy it again. Two things bother me about this:
1. Your Blue Iris software communicates back to the originator who can turn it off when he wants to sell a new version.
2. We don't know what else it is communicating in the background.
First its important not to lie...most likely you were told that they no longer provide support for the software...the developer keeps old versions available here Blue Iris Updates at the bottom....
if you have the key and installed the software multiple times then the key would need to be reset.
Almost every licensed software communicates back to the developers servers during installation. No one has EVER had their software "turned off"...
We are also certain that nothing is being communicated at other times back because you can monitor outgoing packets..unless you are using the psudo ddns service...
You should be more concerned about the packets your cameras are sending out to china servers.
Finally, you dont state what version of BI you are running, if its 3 or 2 (good god) then you should fork up the 30 dollars and upgrade...

Reaction score
I've changed PCs 4 or more times in the last few months as I try to figure out what PC I want to use (plus I had some major W10 update problems). I've had no trouble installing and registering back and forth.