Blue Iris using Canon VB-C60

Zip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had any luck getting Blue Iris presets working using a Canon VB-C50iR or VB-C60 cameras?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Zip

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had any luck getting Blue Iris presets working using a Canon VB-C50iR or VB-C60 cameras?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Zip
Welcome to the forum. Have you set the presets in the camera?
See the blue iris help file too,
"You will see a table showing the 20 possible presets. Each preset has a Name/value and a Description. The name/value is what is actually sent to the camera in response to your request. Most cameras use numbers that directly correspond to the button numbers, in which case you need not make any changes. However, some cameras use text name values, or values beginning with 0, or even-numbered values beginning with 30--and in such cases you will need to edit the name/values to match. You may assign a description to each preset that will be displayed at the bottom of the main window when you hover the mouse cursor over the buttons 1-5.

Zip

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Have you set the presets in the camera?
See the blue iris help file too,
"You will see a table showing the 20 possible presets. Each preset has a Name/value and a Description. The name/value is what is actually sent to the camera in response to your request. Most cameras use numbers that directly correspond to the button numbers, in which case you need not make any changes. However, some cameras use text name values, or values beginning with 0, or even-numbered values beginning with 30--and in such cases you will need to edit the name/values to match. You may assign a description to each preset that will be displayed at the bottom of the main window when you hover the mouse cursor over the buttons 1-5.
Thanks for the reply,

I have contacted Ken and there seems to be a problem with BI and the VB-C50 presets.
Probably not enough users of this model to retro program. ("retro program" I made that part up):)
So I know for sure the presets will not work as of now with the VB-C50 models.

I would like to find someone who has actually used presets successfully with the Canon VB-C60.

Thanks,
Zip

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,

I have contacted Ken and there seems to be a problem with BI and the VB-C50 presets.
Probably not enough users of this model to retro program. ("retro program" I made that part up):)
So I know for sure the presets will not work as of now with the VB-C50 models.

I would like to find someone who has actually used presets successfully with the Canon VB-C60.

Thanks,
Zip
if you give him access to the camera he will generally get it to work

Zip

n3wb
Reaction score
if you give him access to the camera he will generally get it to work
Hi Fenderman,

I did that around a year ago, and below was his reply after a few weeks of trying different things.. concerning the VB-C50iR.

"It's all going over as a proprietary binary format ... It might be possible reverse engineer this all some day, but not looking easy."

He really did try to help though.:)

That is why I'm trying to find someone using the Canon VB-C60 presets successfully in BI.
Otherwise I'll just give up on the Canon models and try another camera company.

Thanks again for the reply.
Zip