Blue Iris V 4 " No Signal" error Message

Harvest111

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere or Old Information.

I have been fighting the "No Signal" random error message for over a month now. I have tried everything I know and exhausted Searches and looking for an answer from BI, all resulting in no solution. This is a random error and affects primarily the outdoor two cameras, (X10 XX52A). No apparent reason or explanation for the failure, and Watchdog settings to include Restart and Reboot do not correct the instance of "No Signal". A reboot at the camera by removing power and reapplying, will fix the error temporality, until the next random failure. This problem is also shown on the Mobile application.

Because I also have a backup through the Airsight client, to view the cameras with both the Client and a mobile app, and there is no error with the cameras Video being clear at the same time BI is showing "No Signal", I believe this points to a problem with Blue Iris.

Anyhow, that's my problem, and I thank everyone, in advance, for any help and the opportunity to have this forum as a medium to seek solutions for such as this.

Harvest111

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you ever get this fixed? Just got my BI installed on a i7-6700 running 8 ip cams and when I restarted the system all 8 say no signal. Not sure whats going on. I changed the buffer like fenderman said. Had all 8 working and restarted and now they just show up with a gray screen with No signal listed and the time stamps which appear to be active.

BTW I did enable Intel HD hardware acceleration (Yes H.264). Could this be doing something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, disabled Hardware acceleration and its back to working. Can anyone advise if I should be able to use that with an i7-6700?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, disabled Hardware acceleration and its back to working. Can anyone advise if I should be able to use that with an i7-6700?
Try downloading and installing the latest Intel HD video drivers and then reboot your machine. That's what worked for me when I experienced the exact same issue.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
It turns out, a bad cable can also cause similar symptoms. This morning I noticed all my cameras were losing signals in groups. That is, cameras connected to switches in the garage would all lose connectivity briefly (from a few seconds to about 20 seconds) then return on-line. Then a little while later the cameras connected to switches underneath the house would all do the same thing.

I looked at the router logs and everything seemed to be okay (Netgear R7000) except there was a firmware upgrade available. After upgrading the router firmware, the No Signal errors re-appeared. Then I happened to notice one of the router indicator lights was only flashing at the 10/100 Mbps level instead of the Gigabit Ethernet level. That port was connected to a Gigabit switch underneath the house. It turns out, yesterday I had been underneath the house to install a new Ethernet cable for a new Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ Version 1 camera I just purchased and installed. The cable was just a little short so I move the switches around to get the cable to reach. One of the cables I moved was that link cable to the router in the garage. It was an old Cat 5e flat ribbon (32 AWG) cable that had to be at least 6 years old or older. As soon as I replaced that old ribbon cable with a brand new Cat 5e 24 AWG cable my No Signal errors stopped.