Blue Iris v5 supported?

Reaction score
Hi - I recently installed Blue Iris v5, and would like to use Tinycam Pro to view the cameras while I'm away from my home (don't want to use the BI app).

When I add the cameras to the app, the only option I see is for BI v4, and even after verifying all of the settings are correct, the cameras fail to connect.

I'm assuming that is because the version number for BI is v4 and I have v5 installed, but I wanted to see if maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi - I recently installed Blue Iris v5, and would like to use Tinycam Pro to view the cameras while I'm away from my home (don't want to use the BI app).

When I add the cameras to the app, the only option I see is for BI v4, and even after verifying all of the settings are correct, the cameras fail to connect.

I'm assuming that is because the version number for BI is v4 and I have v5 installed, but I wanted to see if maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks
The blue iris app is only $10 that will allow you to review video which tinycam cannot do as well as get push notifications change profiles and other settings.... If that's too expensive for you you can always use the browser, but limiting yourself to live view is silly.

Reaction score
The blue iris app is only $10 that will allow you to review video which tinycam cannot do as well as get push notifications change profiles and other settings.... If that's too expensive for you you can always use the browser, but limiting yourself to live view is silly.
Appreciate the reply, but as I mentioned, I prefer to use tinycam (if possible) while remote.

I don't really have any need for anything other than live view (and worst case, I can just use the BI mobile interface if I need to see a recording), so spending the $10 doesn't make sense since both my wife and I already own the tinycam app.

Obviously if there are no plans to add support for v5, then I'll invest the money in the BI mobile app.