Blue Iris Ver4 with Avacom H5060W IP Camera help

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am about toast here and was just randomly thinking. I have this one amcrest fixed camera, I am a ham radio operator (kb7dbd), have a tower up, have a extra stand off for it and a extra rotator. I might monkey around with some higher db gain antenna's and see if the signal will make it up there to that 40 foot level, could even drop it down to the 20 or 30 foot, then I would have 360 degrees with it. Then I could see were the deer are jumping the fence..
I should update my profile picture too. I still look the same but all gray now ;-)
Thanks again for all your help Fenderman !!! I will stab at this again in the morning.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope, still both of those Avacom H5060 which is on the Blue Iris approved list, will not come on line, again. Did the factory reset on both of them and reinstalled them on there own little APP program and they are working fine.

When I run the Advanced Scanner IP program, it shows them on different IP's. One is .106 and the other .107, not sure what happened to .106? as its not in the configuration, no matter I guess, but when I look at the APP on the phone for those two working cameras, they both show the Same IP data ?
Must be something with the APP I guess.
What they are showing is.
IP address: 192.168.246.1
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Start Address: 192.168.246.2
End Address: 192.168.246.250

With the Advanced Scanner IP program, its showing as : 192.168.1.106 and the other, .108.
I even hooked the one called back door, up to the router again and tried to reinstall yet Again.
I keep checking the username and password to make sure I have those correct (even did the reinstall after factory reset) using the same username and password.

Nether Avacom will come back on line though Blue Iris.

The Nuts part is, I had Both of these things working in Blue Iris with the other cameras Before I swapped out the router. All 4 cameras worked fine!
I sent the Sweet router I wanted to keep but Amcrest camera would not recognize the camera and flat Stopped as it seen the Netgear Nighthawk was dual band. So, I sent that back and got a simple linksys WRP54W single band router that is slower than my bandwidth connection.
So, the router dual band thing is not the issue.

Maybe once I get this issue solved, then I might look at that Netgear Nighthawk again and maybe do the bridging to the linksys router and just have the camera computer system on just the linksys router. I think I can do that.

Anyway, I am stuck. Hope its something stupid on my part and I do keep going over and over checking but can't seem to solve this.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the IP address of the cameras that are working and what's the IP address of your PC?

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is were things get iffy.
The Cameras APP says they are Both on 192.168.246.1 (like in the above post)

What the Advanced Scanner IP program says is:
192.168.1.106 (shop)
192.168.1.108 (back door)

The computer that is running the Blue Iris is 192.168.1.110

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
OK. So those cameras are on a different subnet, 192.168.246.xxx from your PC which is on 192.168.1.xxx. The "big trick" is to change the IP address of the cameras. To do that, you'll need to change your PC to the 192.168.246.xxx subnet. That can be easily done from control panel on the PC. Once the PC and cameras are on the same subnet you can go into the configuration page of each camera and change the IP address to one on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet, one that is unused, then change the IP of the PC back to the 192.168.1.xxx subnet and you're good to go.

Another "dodge" might be powering those cameras down for a while, say an hour or even longer, then power them back up. If they have DHCP and no backup power for memory, they may just get a fresh IP address on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet IF they use DHCP as a default on power up.

Formerly N2HVH but gave it up after listening to a discussion, on the repeater I maintained, of how RG59 is better than RG58 because it's a bigger diameter .

Last edited:

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the sad part is, I was in the communications business for Business for too many years. Got my 25 year pin for the business but doing it in the ham land and business together was always a challenge on how fast things would change, But this stuff, once Set and understood, notes made should be a snap. Small issue I had a heart attack and small stroke that slowed me up some so not the Notes are important.
In this industry you still, kind of, get what you pay for so I can't expect much on this $40 cameras, which I might ad, have been discontinued for some reason that might just be related to some of the issues I am having.
Like I said, they are programmed to work with the APP and do so well but trying to get them Back into Blue Iris is telling me, something screwy with the cameras. So, yes, make them stupid and start fresh yet again to see what I can do with them.

I know this is not the place but the ham thing. Me, I am in it for the Emergency communications for the most part. Where I am located, cell converge is spotty due to the population. Cell companies are in it for the money so with Ham guys putting up equipment, it picks up all the shaded areas now. So, with one of those Cheap throw away Baofeng $24 dollar 5 watt radios were we are, I have all of the I-5 corridor from up into southern Washington state down into northern California and then into Eastern Oregon as well as the Oregon coast. So, with this one linked system, pretty much just program in all the possible repeaters in the system and as you know, If there is a problem, the Hams are there to help even as they are from all walks of life, generations and so on. Its a brotherhood so to speak and well, if a problem, someone has access to a cell phone to call for help for you.
I stay away from some of the Nets as yes, still some So Called Engineers and Gas Bags ;-)

Oh, because these camera's work with the App, they could care less about anything else so if they did Not respond to the App, I was told by them that they would replace it with a Refurbished one, meaning what, they reflashed it I wonder :)
Come to think about that, I think they have a firmware file but I can't find anything on this stupid camera APP to show me what version I have in it. Might just flash the little sucker myself as that will make it stupid again.

I Did find a option on the APP that shows the Qnvip settings. Its showing:
Allow Open onvip: is turned On
Allow open rtsp: is turned On
Below that, it also showing the rtsp port as number 10554...Maybe by flipping that rtsp to Off and use that number, who knows.
Just keep stabbing at it :)
Thanks for your time and ear.
I will keep posting until I fix it or pitch them.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have reset, unplugged but not flash the firmware as of yet but this is just Nuts.
Two Cameras, that were working until I changed the Modem/router combo to a Modem and then tried two different brand routers.
Two Other cameras came right back on line, No issues ??.
Here are some shots of errors and such that I have no clue and can't seem to find so I am hoping someone else can just say, Geeze man, you got this or that wrong.
Image1.jpg Image2.jpg Image3.jpg Image4.jpg

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Just for ha ha's, open a command prompt and type "ping 192.168.1.106 to see if it is alive on this subnet.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is were things are shady for me. Task manager, CMD to get to the command prompt and then plug in that number right.
Yes, got it, sorry. I remember used to be able to traceroute but lost that in my head.
Never the less.
Image5.jpg

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
The taceroute wouldn't show anything, we're talking about you're local LAN. It does show why the camera "doesn't work", it doesn't appear on the network. By chance do you know what the IP address of your BI machine was before you switched routers?

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No I don't and it was not written down. One thing about it is the wifi does not seem to be working as I had to hook up the Nic cable to the router. Spose that might be a issue ?
The Advanced IP Scanner show the BI machine to be 192.168.1.110 but still it will not wifi were it did before router change.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
WiFi and wired will have the same IP address. By chance, do you have the old router?

Sorry I'm a little slow getting back to you, it's snowing up a mess and a half here. About a foot of nice, wet, sticky, white stuff with another four hours or so. I had to clear a path out to the shed so I can fire up the generator if/when the power goes out.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The old router is a Centurylink Router/Modem that I bought from a outfit out here called Best Buy. Yes, I still have it.

Boy, good luck with the snow, geeze.
I still my 7.5 Kolher commercial generator that runs on propane. Got it Surplus from one of the fire departments with less than 30 hours on it. Its setup on a transfer switch. We just had a dusting over here as I am in the valley in Oregon just West of the Oregon Ducks and Eugene this year. Looks as it might just miss us this year altogether.
Hope that snow quits for you, Soon !!.

Yeah, the thing I mentioned about the traceroute as I don't remember why, but I did run my own ISP back when the Internet first came alive and remember doing that quite often.

Not sure how to hook up that router/modem other with a Nic cable right to my computer. I do know the address to get into it as all the paperwork I kept in the box and I know were its at.
So, not sure what to look for or with what looking for address's

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
OK. The next step is to power up the old router, plug your BI PC into it and re-start that PC. Then plug in the camera into the old router. Keep in mind the IP address of your PC will change to whatever the old router subnet was. Then run IP scanner and see if that sees the camera. Once you have the address of that camera you'll need to log into it directly through its web interface and change the IP address of the camera to one on the new subnet or set it to DHCP. Once that's done, plug back into the new router and restart the BI machine. Hopefully, you'll be all fixed.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will give that a try. I did email Avacom and got some cryptic message back from them, as per normal..
We are getting your snow now or some of it anyway.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
We got over a foot on Wednesday. Between yesterday and today we have a lot of bare ground showing. It's been in the 50's during the day with tons of bright sunshine ever since.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good !!..Enough is enough, its Spring now, geeze.

Its like these people do not read. Well, its not that, they can Speak English, but they don't understand it. Here is what I got back from them.
This is worth a shot too as this one camera has been Reset and unplugged for a day or so now. Like I said, might be worth a shot.

OH, My Reolink I just got that was 4 K camera. the damn thing is all clouded up now. Its not like I don't know how to make sure the little O ring is in place and how to tighten things down evenly, which I did so some how after a hail storm, sun, hail storm, I mean warm, cold, warm, cold sevral times, it clouded up. Damn.

Anyway, here is the message I got back from them.
Good Morning,

You can download our Search Tools application from this link: https://avacomtech.com/pub/media/SupportDocs/search_tool.zip

Your best bet with getting those 5060's to work, is to reset them to their default settings. On the bottom of the camera there is a pinhole thats labeled "reset".
Insert a paperclip or something thin, and hold down the reset button for no less than 20 seconds. After the reset (~15-20 seconds), hard wire the cameras to your router with an ethernet cable and run the search tools application.

When you configure the cameras, you're going to have to enter the ip address of your router as the "default gateway". If you're not sure what the ip address of your router is, type CMD in the search bar of your computer's start menu (Cortana if you're using Win 8/10) and press Enter. Then a black screen will pop up with white lettering. Type "ipconfig" then press enter. From there find the ip address associated with the "default gateway". Thats the ip address of your router.

I hope this helps.

Avacomtech Support

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can get to them and do that reset routine it would probably be the easiest. The reset will force the camera to get a new IP address from your new router and that will match your new network subnet. From there, it should be easy.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I have been pulling them and bringing them in to do that. I did get one of those Avacoms on line but not both together now on Blue Iris. Had them on before so not sure what is goofy.
Now I see that the Blue Iris program is dropping the cameras. The one Avacom keeps dropping out, then popping back in. No error messages or the little yellow (!) on the upper right corner either.
Now it seems that the Reolink will not stay up on line either.
I pulled the Amcrest bullet camera that was only a 3mp camera and put the Reolink 4mp in its place.
The Amcrest is working flawlessly. The others, not impressed.
Between the Amcrest and Reolink, hands down the Amcrest model I am using is much better than the Reolink model.
Oh, and the Reolink keeps dropping out of its Own App program as well as now its foggy inside. Its not like I have not done this before, O ring, tighten down the screws evenly but none the less, its foggy. Might just pull that and send it back to Amazon just for the fact its been Reset to Factory and Re-installed several times. In order to do this, I have to pull it and bring it in to hook up the Nic cable to it. What a pain.

The thing that just blows my mind is that the Amcrest and those cheap Avacom's worked Flawless with Blue Iris before I changed the router.
One other thing that changed was we replaced the Directv junk with the spectrum charger cable package and I noticed that Its is showing up with a IP number that one of those Amacoms were trying to use..
Hope to get it all back and working soon.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
You're still being plagued by IP address problems and, apparently, conflicts. If you can bring the Avacoms online, one at a time, and get into the configuration of the camera, directly, you can set their IP addresses so they are each unique. The software that comes with them should allow that without a problem.

I have a mix of cameras, too. Two are SV3C 2mp (garbage with a capitol G), a no-name 4mp (more garbage), an Annke 2mp (Hikivision rebrand) and a Dahua 5231R-Z.

The 4mp drops out regularly for no apparent reason and loses its configuration in the process. So, usually, three or four times a week I have toge go back in and reconfigure everything on it. I've been running BI for about five years now and this thing has always done this. I just rewired it this fall with the cable in conduit so I know it's got a solid connection. It does have a decent picture day or night but it just isn't comparable to a 2mp Dahua Starvis (their low light designation).

The SV3Cs are varifocal and were an impulse buy that I regret, terrible performance in low and bright light and almost impossible to get to focus. One of the regularly seems to leak a little moisture and the lens gets fogged from the inside. Pure junk. If someone offers you some for free, give them $5 and tell the to keep them.

The Annke was a "let's give this a try" idea. It's a "cube" camera normally used for a baby monitor style application, two way audio and IR lighting but no PTZ. Didn't want PTZ anyway and it's only a $50 camera. I mounted it in an open shed that contains a lot of expensive yard "toys". It's out of the weather but in an unheated envirnment. It's performed really well, so far, through the winter and has great video day or night.

The Dahua is, by far, the best of the bunch. It's a 2mp varifocal camera but the CCD is 1/2.8" so the night vision is outstanding. I disabled the onboard IR and use auxiliary IR lights for it but can actually "force" a decent color picture at night with just the random light from the street lights, about 400 feet away. At night it can detect motion all the way out to the street, about 175' away from where it's mounted on the back corner of the house. I'm planning on adding more of the same or comparable models in fixed focus, the fixed focus models are less expensive, too. I give up on the cheap junk off of Amazon. The Dahua is more expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for. Another advantage it has is that it's a "turret" style rather than a bullet. That keeps the spider webs down to a bare minimum.