Blue Iris Ver4 with Avacom H5060W IP Camera help

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You're still being plagued by IP address problems and, apparently, conflicts. If you can bring the Avacoms online, one at a time, and get into the configuration of the camera, directly, you can set their IP addresses so they are each unique. The software that comes with them should allow that without a problem.

I have a mix of cameras, too. Two are SV3C 2mp (garbage with a capitol G), a no-name 4mp (more garbage), an Annke 2mp (Hikivision rebrand) and a Dahua 5231R-Z.

The 4mp drops out regularly for no apparent reason and loses its configuration in the process. So, usually, three or four times a week I have toge go back in and reconfigure everything on it. I've been running BI for about five years now and this thing has always done this. I just rewired it this fall with the cable in conduit so I know it's got a solid connection. It does have a decent picture day or night but it just isn't comparable to a 2mp Dahua Starvis (their low light designation).

The SV3Cs are varifocal and were an impulse buy that I regret, terrible performance in low and bright light and almost impossible to get to focus. One of the regularly seems to leak a little moisture and the lens gets fogged from the inside. Pure junk. If someone offers you some for free, give them $5 and tell the to keep them.

The Annke was a "let's give this a try" idea. It's a "cube" camera normally used for a baby monitor style application, two way audio and IR lighting but no PTZ. Didn't want PTZ anyway and it's only a $50 camera. I mounted it in an open shed that contains a lot of expensive yard "toys". It's out of the weather but in an unheated envirnment. It's performed really well, so far, through the winter and has great video day or night.

The Dahua is, by far, the best of the bunch. It's a 2mp varifocal camera but the CCD is 1/2.8" so the night vision is outstanding. I disabled the onboard IR and use auxiliary IR lights for it but can actually "force" a decent color picture at night with just the random light from the street lights, about 400 feet away. At night it can detect motion all the way out to the street, about 175' away from where it's mounted on the back corner of the house. I'm planning on adding more of the same or comparable models in fixed focus, the fixed focus models are less expensive, too. I give up on the cheap junk off of Amazon. The Dahua is more expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for. Another advantage it has is that it's a "turret" style rather than a bullet. That keeps the spider webs down to a bare minimum.
Well, I too am still fighting low cost so called junk cameras but, I am not asking much of it.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, getting ready for a refinance of our place so they want to have a property assessor come in so, repair this, fix that, paint this kind of thing has been going on. I keep telling the good wife, they do NOT care about Anything personal so No I am not moving the boats around.

Anyway, I have not had much time to monkey with that second camera (avacom) but now I have been noticing other goofy things. the one Amcrest camera that has Never given me Any issues is not just dropping out of Blue Iris, totally..

The Avacom's, got one working but it blinks off, blinks back in, then off and there is that little yellow ball in the upper right corner of the exclamation point in it and that is the one Avacom that will not come up. No exclamation points in any other of the three windows.

One of those Avacoms (both have PTZ) I use to watch the path to tell me when a Critter is passing into the garden area, and I will turn it at the mail box when I am waiting for the mail lady to come.

All of those cameras work on the smart phone and tablet, Never dropping or changing, always there too !

Oh...here is something I am sure someone knows more about than me.
Several issues.

I have my Notebook which is wireless to the Router. No problems. Its the only computer that shuts down at night.

The Dell desk top, which runs all the time, has the Blue Iris program in it (that is all its used for too) will not wifi any longer, after changing routers?
On that Dell, I have the Advanced IP Scanner program.
I just found the reason the Amcrest dropped out. I just ran it again and notice that the IP number that the Amcrest Was on, is no longer listed. It keeps changing as it was .111 and now .112 ?

The Dell, Router, Modem, camera's run 24/7 so, haven't rebooted the dell, just turn off the monitor is all. It has windows 8 on it by the way.

I just need that one more Avacom back on line and I am a happy camper and going to work though that issue.

I like that idea of turning off the infrared as I have a big yard light so I will see how it looks. If better, I will leave it that way.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Starting over.
Spent Way too much time horsing around with this stuff.
I ended up junking those Avacom cameras, waste of time and money.
Then I got the Amcrest Cameras.
Put them on a Linksys Router and well, got everything to work, except, it seems that Blue Iris is a hog and well, once I had the cameras up, I noticed I was having a issue with my router. (linksys WRT54GL) Seems my connection speed to the Internet went from 114mbs down to 10mbs?? If I drop off the computer that is (Dell, mini tower, windows 8, 1TB hard drive, 8gig ram, dual core) that is running the Blue Iris my speed went back up.
So, decided to get another new router.

I looked at several, sent back a Netgear nighthawk that was twitchy, ended up getting a TP-Link AC1900 dual band router. I got it because it was supposed to be Configurable to put things on the 2.4gh side and then on the 5g side.

Now my problem is, I dumped a bunch of money on these Amcrest cameras only to find out if they even Sense a dual band network, they just won't install, which means No Blue Iris usage.......So, really bummed out now.
Trying to contact Amcrest is well, lots of complaints, almost impossible to get a solid answer out of them
I have two of the 2mp cameras and one 3 mp camera from them and was told by one person the 3mp will work but not so.

So, just buying Junk cameras at $50 to $115, I have thrown the avacoms away at $40 bucks each, now the Amcrest cameras are just too weird to fool with.

I am not needing any Super High Migapixel cameras, just a couple of 2mp and one 3mp....
Suggestions please ?
Just about to scrap this whole project and get one of those things from Costo, plug and go.
Helmar

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Starting over.
Spent Way too much time horsing around with this stuff.
I ended up junking those Avacom cameras, waste of time and money.
Then I got the Amcrest Cameras.
Put them on a Linksys Router and well, got everything to work, except, it seems that Blue Iris is a hog and well, once I had the cameras up, I noticed I was having a issue with my router. (linksys WRT54GL) Seems my connection speed to the Internet went from 114mbs down to 10mbs?? If I drop off the computer that is (Dell, mini tower, windows 8, 1TB hard drive, 8gig ram, dual core) that is running the Blue Iris my speed went back up.
So, decided to get another new router.

I looked at several, sent back a Netgear nighthawk that was twitchy, ended up getting a TP-Link AC1900 dual band router. I got it because it was supposed to be Configurable to put things on the 2.4gh side and then on the 5g side.

Now my problem is, I dumped a bunch of money on these Amcrest cameras only to find out if they even Sense a dual band network, they just won't install, which means No Blue Iris usage.......So, really bummed out now.
Trying to contact Amcrest is well, lots of complaints, almost impossible to get a solid answer out of them
I have two of the 2mp cameras and one 3 mp camera from them and was told by one person the 3mp will work but not so.

So, just buying Junk cameras at $50 to $115, I have thrown the avacoms away at $40 bucks each, now the Amcrest cameras are just too weird to fool with.

I am not needing any Super High Migapixel cameras, just a couple of 2mp and one 3mp....
Suggestions please ?
Just about to scrap this whole project and get one of those things from Costo, plug and go.
Helmar
It's not blue iris ...stop using WiFi!
Don't run any cameras through your router simply connect all the cameras and the blue iris PC to the same switch... All wired....
If you think a Costco kit is plug-and-play you have another thing coming...

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have two cameras in the shop, one watching the gate, the other watching the shop, then the Blue Iris PC is in the house in my office with another camera, that Could be wired but its not. Hard wire is not a option. I have 75 feet to the shop across the driveway to start with.

So, getting back to the Wifi, someone has to have done this with better cameras on a high or dual speed router.
Cameras to use ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two cameras in the shop, one watching the gate, the other watching the shop, then the Blue Iris PC is in the house in my office with another camera, that Could be wired but its not. Hard wire is not a option. I have 75 feet to the shop across the driveway to start with.

So, getting back to the Wifi, someone has to have done this with better cameras on a high or dual speed router.
Cameras to use ?
It is an option...do it or pay someone to do it..or use point to point wireless... search forum..

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Thanks for your help :)
I will search the forum to see if I really want to continue to use the Blue Iris as I think it might be overkill for my needs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Thanks for your help :)
I will search the forum to see if I really want to continue to use the Blue Iris as I think it might be overkill for my needs.
Seems like you want a Costco NVR...get it and you will be bitching about that...mark my words..no sure how a Costco NVR is gonna magicllly run cables for you though..

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well. Just getting tired of the fight with this stuff is all. Costco or Whoever had a plug and play system is what I was referring too. Maybe just forget Costco.
I am one of these Amazon guys. You purchase something from them, no hassles if you don't like it, just return it so that is were I get most of my stuff from.

As you have noticed, I am, well, up against the wall here with all the stuff I have been screwing around with and well, I keep running into dead ends it seems. Sorry if it sounded like bitching, more frustrated and upset with the purchased I made, But, I made them
I like gadgets too. I got some of these little devices that you can use your smart phone to turn lights on and off via the smart phone, from anywhere you might be. Now I am finding out with the app that you use with them, 2.4mh, not 2.4 and 5 like the newer high speed routers.

My Internet connection was pretty slow, 4.5mbps. I was able to Upgrade to over 100mbps and well, would like to take advantage of that.
We also use that Roku thing for the tv so watching movies is now doable too.

I Did have these Amcrest cameras working with Blue Iris and all was pretty Ok other than, that Linksys router hooked back up, I am now back down to 10mbps on my speed and well, with the TV, it spools. It bothers the good wife.

I understand that the Blue Iris is a Commercial Product and I am sure I can tweak things as it not such a resource hog in the network, wired or not.

I started out wanting to keep all of this in KISS mode but like always, things get complicated, like me choosing cheap camera's due to not really needing much.

So, looking for better Wifi cameras that someone has used with a dual band high speed router should not be real hard to come by so, I will go searching.
For now, I just fell back and got my security system back up on line.

Again, Thanks your your time, really :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well. Just getting tired of the fight with this stuff is all. Costco or Whoever had a plug and play system is what I was referring too. Maybe just forget Costco.
I am one of these Amazon guys. You purchase something from them, no hassles if you don't like it, just return it so that is were I get most of my stuff from.

As you have noticed, I am, well, up against the wall here with all the stuff I have been screwing around with and well, I keep running into dead ends it seems. Sorry if it sounded like bitching, more frustrated and upset with the purchased I made, But, I made them
I like gadgets too. I got some of these little devices that you can use your smart phone to turn lights on and off via the smart phone, from anywhere you might be. Now I am finding out with the app that you use with them, 2.4mh, not 2.4 and 5 like the newer high speed routers.

My Internet connection was pretty slow, 4.5mbps. I was able to Upgrade to over 100mbps and well, would like to take advantage of that.
We also use that Roku thing for the tv so watching movies is now doable too.

I Did have these Amcrest cameras working with Blue Iris and all was pretty Ok other than, that Linksys router hooked back up, I am now back down to 10mbps on my speed and well, with the TV, it spools. It bothers the good wife.

I understand that the Blue Iris is a Commercial Product and I am sure I can tweak things as it not such a resource hog in the network, wired or not.

I started out wanting to keep all of this in KISS mode but like always, things get complicated, like me choosing cheap camera's due to not really needing much.

So, looking for better Wifi cameras that someone has used with a dual band high speed router should not be real hard to come by so, I will go searching.
For now, I just fell back and got my security system back up on line.

Again, Thanks your your time, really :)
your issue is not the products but your lack of basic understanding on how these things work. Case in point - you mention your internet speed, which is irrelevant unless you are remotely viewing.
one last time, blue iris IS DOING NOTHING TO HOG YOUR BANDWIDTH. Ill say it again, blue iris IS DOING NOTHING TO HOG YOUR BANDWIDTH. You have improperly setup your network either because you are too lazy or simply incapable of doing it yourself. You will have the same issue with ANY other system you buy.
DONT USE WIFI CAMERAS. DONT USE WIFI CAMERAS.DONT USE WIFI CAMERAS.DONT USE WIFI CAMERAS.DONT USE WIFI CAMERAS.DONT USE WIFI CAMERAS.DONT USE WIFI CAMERAS.DONT USE WIFI CAMERAS.
Most of the amazon kits are complete shit. good luck with that.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow Fenderman....Nothing was said about Hogging the bandwidth but hey if you got that from all this, ok :lol:, lazy, incapable, basic understanding, guess you just don't get it, never the less Seems your way is the only way, No wifi :facepalm:
And thinks for your opinion was hoping for others on cameras but no chance for that now on this thread.

Admin, please delete this tread.:wave:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow Fenderman....Nothing was said about Hogging the bandwidth but hey if you got that from all this, ok :lol:, lazy, incapable, basic understanding, guess you just don't get it, never the less Seems your way is the only way, No wifi :facepalm:
And thinks for your opinion was hoping for others on cameras but no chance for that now on this thread.

Admin, please delete this tread.:wave:
You called blue iris a resource hog and only pointed to your internet speeds dropping...do you not understand the word bandwidth? Perhaps I have given you too much credit.. There are about 100 different threads discussing cameras. If you have not found them by now there is no hope.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Plain and simple, Fenderman is right. Use wired cameras only with the only exception, maybe, a doorbell camera being WiFi IF one ever comes out that's actually reliable. Point to point WiFi can be used, but keep in mind the bandwidth, that nasty word again, limitations of any WiFi connection.