Blue Iris version 5

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Wouldn't you still be eligible for the free upgrade since you have extended support for one year with your purchase ? Maybe the extended support is not included for one year on new license anymore....it did when I bought mine back in 2014.

For older purchases, the upgrade is also complimentary if you have added Extended or Priority support to your license expiring after June 1 (see the Options page in the software for this information).
You only get a 30 day grace/upgrade period with a new purchase unless you also purchased the Extended or Priority support at the time of purchase?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to reiterate, anyone who purchased their blue iris key from here within the specified date is also eligible for the upgrade to 5

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So,
If I were to purchase the $29.95 Exended service support, would I be entitled to the v.5 upgrade?

Wonder if the upgrade $$ amount would equal the extended price of be more?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
So,
If I were to purchase the $29.95 Exended service support, would I be entitled to the v.5 upgrade?

Wonder if the upgrade $$ amount would equal the extended price of be more?
You may as well buy the extended support and then you are covered. Ken suggested that would be the more economical way to go. Then after you buy the extended support you will get this (see pic) in BI main options page, plus you would have the extended support instead of basic.

Annotation 2019-04-03 130153.jpg

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
My extended support is dues for renewal in July and even so I have the "Version 5 eligible" banner since updating to 4.8.6.3! From my perspective, pun intended, BI is one heck of a deal!

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Any guesses, wishes (or even leaks!) on what to expect with version 5?

Reaction score
I just extended my service , but it still gave me a "Not version 5 eligible." Then I realized I'm still on Win7... :embarrassed:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I just extended my service , but it still gave me a "Not version 5 eligible." Then I realized I'm still on Win7... :embarrassed:
Windows 7 is still my favorite Windows operating system...I went into 8 and 10 kicking and screaming, but I have to say, 10 has been even better than 7 for me as far as reliability. Well worth the upgrade IMO.

Rumor has it that it will make your pancakes for breakfast. Nothing has been finalized though.
:rofl:

I'm more a of waffle guy so I'm going to stick with 4

^ Who can tell me what movie that's from?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is strange, I would think it would still indicate that you are eligible but would require the upgrade to 10.

Clutch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since I just licensed my copy 2 months ago, I was a bit miffed but the guy does have to eat, so I just signed up for extended support. I hope he never goes to the rental ware model.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is strange, I would think it would still indicate that you are eligible but would require the upgrade to 10.
I can confirm the same. Bought the extended service with BI on a Win 7 computer and it said not eligible. Upgraded the computer to Win 10 and I now see I am eligible. Next steps will be to do a fresh install of Win 10 on my computer!